Pros: location - it’s within a short drive to the Park entrance; coin laundry on site; ample parking; within walking distance to a couple of restaurants and a grocery store.
Cons: Rules, rules, rules! I understand loss prevention, but treating your guests like children with posted rule after posted rule is something else. For a fairly new property, I was surprised that the room seemed so cramped, this was made additionally so by a large wardrobe taking up a portion of the vanity area near the bathroom. Weak wifi. Breakfast was chaotic, under-supplied, and under-staffed - broken coffee maker, one staffer on to replenish food items and clean up, not enough meal items to serve the crowd. And this was during the off season in Oct., so I can’t imagine what it’s like during the high season. I was also disappointed to see the reliance on Styrofoam and plastic consumables, especially in the quantity they likely use each week. Staffing in general seems to be an issue at this property, both in quantity and quality. Front desk staff are not friendly, even minor problems are not taken care of at that point, guests are referred to an off-schedule manager. Also, be aware that this hotel charges an “early departure fee” - so even if this property doesn’t meet your expectations, you’re stuck for the duration of your reservation unless you’re willing to pay extra to get out of it. This is a very busy property with both national and international guests visiting the park, and there are a number of issues that need to be addressed in order to ensure a quality guest experience - location and brand association will only last so long.
Verdict: 2.5 stars, below average. This property falls short of our expectations for the Comfort Inn/Choice Hotels brand. Next time we visit SNP, we’ll look elsewhere for accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn & Suites is conveniently located only 5 miles from the Sequoia National Park, where you will find the General Sherman Tree and the Giant Forest. This hotel is the only official shuttle bus stop in the Three Rivers area that travels to Sequoia & Kings Canyon national parks (seasonal from May to September). We offer 103 guest rooms, including 16 suites, with many great amenities and services one could ask for in the Three Rivers area. The Three Rivers area has a great selection of year round activities as well as great restaurants. The Comfort Inn prides itself on offering a warm, inviting atmosphere that will immediately have you feeling right at home.Comfort Inn & Suites offers several great services and amenities to all its guests. In the morning, come enjoy our free Hot Deluxe Breakfast with eggs, sausages, and hot waffles. Also, enjoy browsing the web with our free high-speed wireless Internet access. All of our rooms feature in-room coffee makers, irons, ironing boards, work desks and cable television. Rooms with microwaves, refrigerators, wet bars, and fireplaces are also available. Other amenities include an outdoor pool and spa, fitness center, with sauna, coin-operated laundry facilities, gift shop, free local calls, and complimentary local newspaper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon Hotel Three Rivers
- Comfort Inn And Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon
- Comfort Inn Three Rivers
- Sequoia Park Lodging
- Three Rivers Comfort Inn