“Standard” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Three Rivers
Toronto, Canada
“Standard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I'm sure the chaotic, over-crowded, breakfast scene at this generic chain hotel was not the lasting impression hotel management was hoping for.
More tables please!
Rooms are basic and clean.
Unless you want to get back in your car and drive, dinner is limited to either the Mexican or pizza restaurants across the street. A captive market leads to food mediocrity, though the live music at the Mexican was a lovely treat.
All in all, a dependable over-night between parks but if you're going to be a few days, there are more charming, if rustic, alternatives.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

624 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Nervesa della Battaglia, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Location is good as you're nearly in the Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Park, although after entering the park from this side it takes you more or less one hour drive to get to any hiking spots. The place is clean and laundry is a bonus, but the service is terrible. I didn't feel welcome, nor considered as a guest. They even charged my credit card mid-afternoon, previous to my checking in and blaming the website I booked with, although this was the first time it happened to me. Just in case I didn't show up..but without calling me to check. Breakfast is supposed to be until 9,30 but they ask you to be there at 7 to leave room for the big groups and families later..well, at 7 the breakfast area (next to reception) was crowded already and wasn't pleasant, with limited offer and plastic plates. I understand it's not a high class hotel but nevertheless courtesy should be included in the price you pay, which isn't that low.

• Stayed August 2014
Kitty L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review about your experience as we use every review as an opportunity to improve. I wish that I could look into these matters for you but unfortunately these review sites do not give us enough information to know who you are. Our breakfast is from 6:30 to 9:30 but I'm not sure why you would have been told to come at 7am so that the groups and families can come.. this is not something that we train our front desk to say nor have I ever heard it said. I hope that you are referring to another hotel; I deeply apologize as we do not play favorites with our guests and with 104 rooms and thousands of guests a month that would be impossible. Since we don't have a full kitchen, we do use Styrofoam plates and plastic cutlery as washing 200 plates and silverware each day we are not set up to do.

I hope that you were able to enjoy our National Parks and that you arrived to your next destination safely.

AGM
Hampshire, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here for one night on our California Road trip...having driven down from Yosemite. The room was basic and clean enough for one night . It wasn't ready until 4pm...but we had a drive up into the park until it was ready.

they have a small pool which was good for a quick dip to knock the dust off...although it was busy.

We thought about stopping by for breakfast which was included...but when we went down it was a crowded scene and breakfast looked "cheap and cheerful"....we got some muffins from gas station.

For $80....you can't complain.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I appreciate that you took the time to post a review about your stay with us. I apologize for the crowded situation during breakfast, but it is a space that can not be made bigger and we do try to accommodate by having a 3 hours breakfast period, the meeting room and the front lobby sitting area available for our guests to sit and eat. I hope that the remainder of your travels was safe and happy and that you enjoyed our National Parks.

Many Thanks

Shelly Matlock, AGM
Oxnard, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The room was clean, the service, breakfast, price and family atmosphere was tight. The laundry room saved us, 'cause I left the luggage out in the back of my truck and our clothes got wet--dryers worked great. This Comfort Inn has some minor issues (although they can be big issues to some)...Ice maker is always near empty - probably need to have two, but there's no room left in that spot - breakfast can be crazy busy - arrive earlier than 7 a.m. if you want to find a place to sit...the bathrooms could use new plumbing -- but the place was CLEAN. Service was great too BTW. Pool was nice...but we spent quite a long time swimming at Slick Rock two minutes away...pizza across the street is awesome...Location of this hotel is excellent. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a great review about your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you were comfortable and appreciated and that you got to enjoy the Kaweah River as well. We look forward to being that place of comfort away from home again for you and hopefully for the friends and family that you may recommend us to.

Shelly Matlock, AGM
North Port, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Room is close to the Park , but In my opinion over priced. We had 2 small dogs and it cost 250 a night. Room was extremely hot upon check in at 5:30PM, for that price they should assure rooms are cooled off. This was a friday night in the summer so of course they were going to renting the rooms.Tile falling off wall in bathroom, Ice machine broken, bad WI-FI. Overall room was clean but overpriced for what you get!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I apologize for the room not being cooled down before your arrival and have addressed this with the appropriate department along with the tile that you mentioned. I hope that the remainder of your journey was safe and fun.

AGM
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband, three kids, dog & I stayed here on a trip to Sequoia national park. The room was clean and exactly as promised. The two ladies at the front desk were so nice and helpful. Although I prefer higher end hotels, you can't beat this place for location - it is really convenient to the park - and it was clean and comfortable as well.

Stayed August 2014
Kitty L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review about your stay with us. Im pleased to hear that we met your expectations and made you feel comfortable and appreciated.

Many Blessings,

Assistant General Manager
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Personally, I don't know what other reviewers are expecting for the price. Room was nice and large, with additional comfortable lounge seat to relax in comfort. Room was clean and air conditioning worked well. Breakfast was as expected and yes it was crowded, but pretty normal for this type of hotel, and certainly not the smallest breakfast room we have encountered on our holiday in the USA, and plenty of options to choose from. Pool was great with the hot temperatures and as to be expected lots of kids enjoying it too. Also, if you wanted to get fresh cold water there was a machine in the gym :).

We thought the location was good, nice drive to the Sequoia National Park, and enjoyed our visit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your kind review and your understanding that although breakfast area can be crowded that there are worse things that could happen. I hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and was able to see as much as possible in our beautiful National Parks. If you are ever our way again, I hope that you allow us to be your place of comfort.

Many Blessings,
Assistant General Manager

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon? Share your experiences!