“Could have been better” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Three Rivers
Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
“Could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Check in was smooth, as we were the only ones at the time. Came back 30 minutes later to use lobby computer with no success. Was advised it was not connected to the internet and at that time there were others guests arriving. I waited while 3-4 different guests were checked in and then requested assistance. Computer rebooted with no success. Again the only counter person was busy checking in more arriving guests with no additional attempts to provide internet service. After approx. 35-40 minutes of waiting, I just gave it up as 3 others were now also sitting patiently in chairs waiting for internet access. Hotel gives you a breakfast voucher to be used in AM. Don't remember seeing that at too many other choice hotels!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kitty L, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Guest...

I apologize for the lack of Internet in the lobby. My front desk staff was limited on what they could do to bring up the internet as we have since found that there were wiring issues preventing the guest computer from operating correctly. We have since had those issues corrected and it is now up an running.

I appreciate your review and hope that you found the other amenities in the hotel comfortable and accomodating.

Best Regards,

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

nice clean hotel...but the hotel uses Polystyrene/thermocole cutlery which is bad for the environment.
Location is somehow near the entrance of the park the breakfast is ok...but not enough room sometimes is crowded

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate that you took the time to post a review about your guest room. I apologize for the offense you have in the cutlery that we use but reusable cutlery to serve 100 - 400 guests at any given time would be difficult. I hope that the remainder of your travels was safe and comfortable and we look forward to someday, your return to our area.

Many Regards,

Morelia, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I forgot ALL my shirts in the dresser drawer of my room. WhenI contacted the front desk, Shelly Matlock said she would have them packed and over-nighted to me at my next destination.
I felt as though I was dealing with a friend, not someone who worked at a hotel where I stayed.
Thank you for that feeling.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I'm very happy that we were able to help you get all of your dress shirts back to you in such a quick manner. Thank you for posting your positive experience with other potential guests as I look forward to offering the same consideration to them as well. Customer Service is very important to all of us here and I appreciate your recognition.

Many Happy Travel,

DeBary, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Hotel was nice. Nothing spectacular, but certainly met our needs. We were very tired after long days in the park, so a comfortable bed was all we needed. The staff was very helpful and went out of their way to help when we lost our car keys. They were great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I'm so happy that your keys were found.... this was certainly a crisis diverted. I hope that the remainder of your journey was met with the same hospitality that you found here with us as I feel every guest should be appreciated and given the best in customer service and care.

Many Happy Days to you...

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We are from the uk and stayed here August 2013 for a few days. Good choice, nice big bed, good air con, clean and small pool at front. Breakfast is a bit of a bun fight as it was very busy when we were there but coffee on tap and good muffins, strange nuclear looking Cheerios were a bit odd! Staff very nice. Three rivers is spread out along the road so you need to drive to get about, we walked somewhere for dinner and the road was dangerous at night. About 20 mins from sequoia park entrance, an hour to the main parts. It's a long drive in uk terms from kings canyon, but well worth the drive, the whole area is stunning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kitty L, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our property and your experience in Three Rivers. Im happy that you made it here after the heat wave so that you could really enjoy the outdoors. Many thanks for choosing us and I hope that you share your experience with your friends and family over there across the pond.

Many Regards and Blessings,

Arcadia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were looking for a last minute getaway for the family. After selecting the Comfort Inn, it quickly became clear that our decision was blessed. Sherry the manager is someone everyone should take a minute to speak to while enjoying Sequoia National and Three Rivers. Her suggestions really added a nice "local" experience to the park and local spots worth the time and energy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dearest Guest,

Thank you for your kind and energetic review... I feel blessed that you mentioned me by name and will remember how meaningful it was to your experience. We appreciate so much that you choose us for such an important getaway; as family getaways are so few and they need to be special. Thank you for choosing us and I hope that you will allow us again to be that place for you and your family.

Many Blessings,

Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

During my recent California vacation I stayed in various Comfort Inns, this one by far was the BEST. I stayed on the second floor of the west wing. It was perfect, I loved the layout of the room, sink and bathroom behind closed door. The WIFI worked great. The location was great. The breakfast was perfect. The price was great. The staff was very friendly and polite.. I didn't get there until 9PM and checked out at 7AM, so I can't comment on the pool. I would definitely stay here again, no question. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We appreciated so much that you've posted such a great review. Its always wonderful for us to hear that we are getting it right and our guests will pass that on. I hope you returned home safely or onto your next destination. Hopefully we will see you again in the future..

Many Thanks,

Manager

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon? Share your experiences!