I read one of the latest reviews saying that the place seems brand new......well, seems we stayed in two different places. The furniture is worn and I even found some stains resembling blood on the curtains (room 2040) . The AC unit on the floor is old, dirty and noisy. The complimentary internet connection works for 5 minutes, then it disconnects, you need to log on again, and so on and so on. Writing this review took me to log in 4 times! Housekeeping is ok, just they forgot to empty the waste bin:-(.
But nothing beats the breakfast , well, this is something to dwell on. We came down around 8.30 (and the breakfast is served from 6.30 to 9.30) - the place was FULL , no place to sit down, no way to get a coffee, getting waffles means standing 20 minutes in a queue - we spent there ca. 30 minutes , finally managed to get a coffee and toasts - ate standing and left. Didn't seem any improvement after those 30 min - still awfully crowded, new people still coming in, all seats taken. And it was Friday, can only imagine what will happen during the weekend. We are leaving tomorrow, and will rather go somewhere else to have a decent breakfast, and a chance to sit after 30 min of waiting. I think this is something the management could improve.
Now the pluses - the place is conviniently located close to the entrance to the Sequoia Park - still it takes 15 minutes by car, there are plenty of other B&B nearby. We didn't use the pool - it is small and again awfully crowded, seems somebody could not properly calculate the number of rooms and adjust it to breakfast and pool conditions. Definitely will not return.
One more thing -in the hotel directory you can find the add of a Mexican Restaurant just across the street - which we believed in and ate a supper yesterday - a good advice - please, DON'T eat there, unless you are starving to death and all other places are closed . There are plenty of good restaurants in the vicinity , A Geteway to name one where we had a dinner today.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn & Suites is conveniently located only 5 miles from the Sequoia National Park, where you will find the General Sherman Tree and the Giant Forest. This hotel is the only official shuttle bus stop in the Three Rivers area that travels to Sequoia & Kings Canyon national parks (seasonal from May to September). We offer 103 guest rooms, including 16 suites, with many great amenities and services one could ask for in the Three Rivers area. The Three Rivers area has a great selection of year round activities as well as great restaurants. The Comfort Inn prides itself on offering a warm, inviting atmosphere that will immediately have you feeling right at home.Comfort Inn & Suites offers several great services and amenities to all its guests. In the morning, come enjoy our free Hot Deluxe Breakfast with eggs, sausages, and hot waffles. Also, enjoy browsing the web with our free high-speed wireless Internet access. All of our rooms feature in-room coffee makers, irons, ironing boards, work desks and cable television. Rooms with microwaves, refrigerators, wet bars, and fireplaces are also available. Other amenities include an outdoor pool and spa, fitness center, with sauna, coin-operated laundry facilities, gift shop, free local calls, and complimentary local newspaper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Booking.com, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon Hotel Three Rivers
- Comfort Inn And Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon
- Comfort Inn Three Rivers
- Sequoia Park Lodging
- Three Rivers Comfort Inn