“Comfortable and close to the park.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Three Rivers
Midwest
“Comfortable and close to the park.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in July. No complaints at all, escept for the dryer that didn't work very well. The hotel was clean, quiet, and very close to the park, There are 2 restaurants withing walking distance... Serrano's Mexican and the Pizza Factory. There is also a market across the street that sells pretty much anything you'll need for day trips/picnics in the park. They even sell beer, wine, and hard liquor which was quite a surprise. The complimentary breakfast was comparable to Hampton Inns, and good enough for a nice start to the day. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kitty L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate that you posted such a great review... I hope that the rest of your vacation was met with the same kind of service and comfort and hope that someday you can return to our part of California.

625 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night outside of the Sequoia National Park. We arrived after 9:00 at night and asked the night desk clerk if there were any restaurants still open. She quickly got on the phone and called two that may have been open. One was closing but the other one was still open but closing in 45 minutes. It was a pizza place so we were able to order a pizza for dinner and pick it up before they closed. The pizza turns out to be the best I have ever had. The hotel was very clean, the room spacious and comfortable. The price included a hot breakfast with eggs, sausage & waffles also very good. I would stay there again in a minute.

Room Tip: Call ahead there is not much in this little town
Dear Guest...

Thank you for posting such a great review... Its always a wonderful feeling for us when we hear from a guest that we met all their needs plus. We hope that you can come back again someday but until then stay safe and be blessed.

Warmest Regards

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

First, the good...the room was reasonably clean, the television worked, and wifi and breakfast were included in the room rate.

Now, the bad...the furniture was dated, the bathroom light didn't work properly, the shower curtain soaked completely through with every use, the "closet" was the sort of stand-alone cabinet you might expect to find at an Office Max, the front door latch didn't work properly, there was virtually no privacy (we could hear everything that was going on outside our door), and the wifi disconnected repeatedly.

From what we could see (this was our first visit to the area), there is very little in the way of quality accommodations or food near Sequoia (which was a little surprising to us since there were quite a few good options near Yosemite). If you're planning on spending the majority of your time inside the park and are really only interested in finding a clean place to sleep in the vacinity of Sequoia, this hotel will get the job done. If you're looking for anything beyond the bare-bones basics, better keep looking.

Dear Guest,

Im happy to hear that we met your needs here at our property. I apologize for the discomforts that you do mention as we see every review as an opportunity to do better and improve. I hope that if you are ever in our little part of the world again, you will allow us to the blessing of your business.

Warm Regards,

Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The hotel is just outside Sequoia National Park and is probably the best option when visiting the NP. There is a good drive with switchbacks to get to the big trees inside the park. The hotel itself is clean and well located with a nice pool and a good breakfast included. We would stay here again when visiting the NP.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a thorough review... We are so pleased that you found our property to meet all your needs. We hope that your journey home was met with the same kind of customer service and comfort.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The young lady who check us in was wonderful. It was late and terribly hot when we checked in. She made sure we knew where the pool was so the kids could cool off. They supplied pool towels in the pool area. There are 2 restaurants across the street within walking distance. Room was clean and comfortable. Continental breakfast was sufficient for my 2 teenagers. Sequoia National Park is just up the road.

Dear Guest...

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We understand how important it is to greet every guest with a helpful spirit. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience here; it is greatly appreciated.

LOS ANGELES
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

They say in real estate, location is everything. I must admit Comfort Inn has the location. But the condition of the property as well as the attitude of the staff (SO unhelpful, unfriendly) is not going to keep the site opened much longer. Hotels can only exist on location for so long. Next time I return (and I will to Sequoia, not to the motel), I will stay elsewhere, even if it's much farther. Because location cannot be enough to put up with someone else's nasty bodily fluids and crusty dried bloody boogers on the comforters. Yes, you READ THAT RIGHT.

First of all, the staff gave us a key card that was not activated properly (requiring me to return to the front desk after hauling all my stuff only to be stranded at the front door to the room b/c I couldn't get INSIDE). When I returned to the desk to tell them, they were not apologetic. The guy "reactivated" the key and told me, "come back down if it doesn't work" IDIOT. Like going back and forth for a working key up and down the stairs to opposite ends of the building is NOT my idea of checking in with ease! HE should have offered to bring it up to me since there were 2 of them at the desk and it was clearly their mistake.

There's a chick at the front desk -- Amanda -- who was knock-down rude when I asked her for directions into the Sequoia park (like I was an idiot for not knowing since I've NEVER BEEN THERE BEFORE). I've never met ANYONE so rude. Why is she even at the front desk! Yes, Amanda, you are on full blast. Most of the visitors you get are people going to Sequoia. Get used to questions about HOW TO GET THERE from newbies who have never been.

The ice machine was broken and I asked housekeeping if there was another machine on the premises. She said no, she said go to the lobby and ask the front desk for ice which I did only to be told "we don't do that, you have to go to the other machine in the other building" (which I would have been happy to do if only I was informed there was another machine on the property! Why did she even lie to me in the first place that "there are no other machines on the premises") Same housekeeping staff was eying our room when we checked out (b/c we were hauling stuff up and down from the room to the car in the parking lot. We left the door unlocked (the kids were inside watching the stuff). She didn't know the kids were inside and poked her head in and walked back and forth several times (I'm convinced trying to spot something -- iphone? ipad? -- to steal and grab real fast without anyone being the wiser). We had the sign DO NOT DISTURB on our knob, so it wasn't like she could have been eying the room to clean it.

The message light on our phone kept lighting up but it was leftover messages for the previous occupant (which front desk kept saying they'll clear but never did so I kept having to call to find out if it's my messages or someone else's). Should have been wiped clean after my FIRST call.

The WORSE part of it all is -- I found whitish BODILY FLUID STAINS on TOP of the comforter. I also found dried BLOODY boogers caked onto the top of the same comforter. What the hell!? Disgusting! They do NOT wash the sheets/blankets/comforters! I took a towel and wrapped it around the pillow b/c I know they likely didn't wash pillowcases either.

The only thing this place has going for it is its location to Sequoia National Park. Other than that, this place belongs on Skid Row. Disgusting. The AC does not work adequately. We turned it to 74 only to have thermostat keep showing 80! I am the one in the family who is always cold. Yet, even I was HOT and had to keep waking up in the middle of the night and turning the AC to 65! Only then did it kick up -- and believe me, it was not up to 65 at all. It was MAYBE 75 at the very coolest. Thank goodness we were rarely IN the room. Mind you, we stayed during a heat wave too! It was 93 outside.

There was also ZERO safe. I can't remember the last time I went to a hotel that didn't have a safe of some sort. Also, even though it was nice that there was a fridge, it was not at all cold. The hotel had pulled off the thermostat adjustor so guests can't do it themselves. I'm sure this is an attempt to be cheap and "conserve" ... Our fridge was set on 1.5 out of 5 (with 5 being coolest). Therefore, the dairy and milk I bought SPOILED inside the fridge. I was really angry. I have kids who need the milk. I made a special stop BEFORE checking in to the hotel to buy milk. By the time I found out it was spoiled, it was too late to pick up another carton at the market across the street (convenient) which was already closed.

Overall, it's a horrible hotel and I don't think I would ever ever stay at another Comfort Inn EVER. I also found it laughable that there's a sign posted saying they'll charge you $15 for a hand towel or $20 for a bath towel ... seriously who would want those. They were so dirty and stained and frayed!

I would never stay in another Choice Hotel nor would I recommend it to anyone I like. Right after we checked out of this hotel, our next one was the Marriott which OMG was like heaven. And trust me, it wasn't the ritzy Marriott but just the extended-stay one ...which was CLEAN, which was a major feat given what we had to endure at Discomfort Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest...Im so sorry for all of your discomforts that you experienced here at our property. I know that first impressions are the most important and obviously all your issues started with Amanda. I assure you she has been reprimanded and retrained. It is unfortunate that your impression didnt get turned around by the time you left the property and an apology may seem like its not enough but I do hope that the remainder of your journey was met with better experiences.

Warm Regards,

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Driving from Yosemite Park, we stopped for a night before heading to the Sequoias. Nice staff, free wifi, clean room. Breakfast was continental type, not really worth the bother, We had a room on the ground floor. Although facing the road, we did not hear much of the traffic. Also sounds from other rooms were well damped. Beds were medium hard and room was reasonable size for two people. Gas stations and a pizza place in the vicinity. Drive to the Sequoia Park was short. However, beware of construction works to the road inside the park. You may loose up to 1h each way just sitting and waiting....
We left at about 8.30AM for the General Sherman tree. Did a few scenic stops on the way and headed straight for the big tree. We were ahead of traffic and even with road work delays, we had our pictures by 11.30AM... Then we drove back to head for Las Vegas,

Room Tip: Skip breakfast if you need to save time. The further away from lobby, the quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kitty L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Im pleased to hear that you found us accomodating both in amenities and in location. Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay and we hope that you can return again to our little corner of the world.

Manager

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon? Share your experiences!