First, the good...the room was reasonably clean, the television worked, and wifi and breakfast were included in the room rate.
Now, the bad...the furniture was dated, the bathroom light didn't work properly, the shower curtain soaked completely through with every use, the "closet" was the sort of stand-alone cabinet you might expect to find at an Office Max, the front door latch didn't work properly, there was virtually no privacy (we could hear everything that was going on outside our door), and the wifi disconnected repeatedly.
From what we could see (this was our first visit to the area), there is very little in the way of quality accommodations or food near Sequoia (which was a little surprising to us since there were quite a few good options near Yosemite). If you're planning on spending the majority of your time inside the park and are really only interested in finding a clean place to sleep in the vacinity of Sequoia, this hotel will get the job done. If you're looking for anything beyond the bare-bones basics, better keep looking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn & Suites is conveniently located only 5 miles from the Sequoia National Park, where you will find the General Sherman Tree and the Giant Forest. This hotel is the only official shuttle bus stop in the Three Rivers area that travels to Sequoia & Kings Canyon national parks (seasonal from May to September). We offer 103 guest rooms, including 16 suites, with many great amenities and services one could ask for in the Three Rivers area. The Three Rivers area has a great selection of year round activities as well as great restaurants. The Comfort Inn prides itself on offering a warm, inviting atmosphere that will immediately have you feeling right at home.Comfort Inn & Suites offers several great services and amenities to all its guests. In the morning, come enjoy our free Hot Deluxe Breakfast with eggs, sausages, and hot waffles. Also, enjoy browsing the web with our free high-speed wireless Internet access. All of our rooms feature in-room coffee makers, irons, ironing boards, work desks and cable television. Rooms with microwaves, refrigerators, wet bars, and fireplaces are also available. Other amenities include an outdoor pool and spa, fitness center, with sauna, coin-operated laundry facilities, gift shop, free local calls, and complimentary local newspaper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon Hotel Three Rivers
- Comfort Inn And Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon
- Comfort Inn Three Rivers
- Sequoia Park Lodging
- Three Rivers Comfort Inn