No more or less than we were expecting ... a very typical and standard Comfort Inn (probably just a tad below standard for their chain). The room was clean and neat - obviously had some age to it but looked like they'd recently updated with some paint and some newer furnishings.
One thing that drives me nuts (personally) is when the designers of a hotel choose to place shower heads so that they're only about 5 1/2 feet off the floor level. As someone who is a little over 6 feet, it's like having a limbo dance every time you want to wash your hair. :-(
Overall - a GREAT location in terms of Sequoia National Park and a good place to spend the night.
ONE complaint unrelated to the room itself. We had made a reservation for three nights. On arrival, we let them know that we would only be staying two nights (giving them more than 48 hours notice of our cancellation of the third night). They still insisted on a $40 cancellation charge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn & Suites is conveniently located only 5 miles from the Sequoia National Park, where you will find the General Sherman Tree and the Giant Forest. This hotel is the only official shuttle bus stop in the Three Rivers area that travels to Sequoia & Kings Canyon national parks (seasonal from May to September). We offer 103 guest rooms, including 16 suites, with many great amenities and services one could ask for in the Three Rivers area. The Three Rivers area has a great selection of year round activities as well as great restaurants. The Comfort Inn prides itself on offering a warm, inviting atmosphere that will immediately have you feeling right at home.Comfort Inn & Suites offers several great services and amenities to all its guests. In the morning, come enjoy our free Hot Deluxe Breakfast with eggs, sausages, and hot waffles. Also, enjoy browsing the web with our free high-speed wireless Internet access. All of our rooms feature in-room coffee makers, irons, ironing boards, work desks and cable television. Rooms with microwaves, refrigerators, wet bars, and fireplaces are also available. Other amenities include an outdoor pool and spa, fitness center, with sauna, coin-operated laundry facilities, gift shop, free local calls, and complimentary local newspaper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Choice Hotels, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon Hotel Three Rivers
- Comfort Inn And Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon
- Comfort Inn Three Rivers
- Sequoia Park Lodging
- Three Rivers Comfort Inn