“Friendly place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Three Rivers
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Friendly place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We just got back from a trip to CA. We stayed one night at the Comfort Inn at Three Rivers. We had stayed at a couple of other Comfort Inns around CA and had decided we didn't particularly care for the hotel chain but, since we had these reservations, we'd go ahead and stay there. This was a great place! The desk clerks were all very friendly and gave excellent advice on places to visit and eat. The hotel was clean, well kept, and easy to find. Beds were comfortable and the shower was good. The breakfast was plentiful and hot (eggs, sausage, etc.). We did not try the waffles but there were a lot of people there that seemed to enjoy them. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kitty L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review for us. I'm very pleased that you did find our franchise all that you wanted it to be. If you are ever here in our little part of California, please allow us to give you a place of comfort and safety.

628 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Riverside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

stayed 2 days for our visit to sequoia. only 20 min from the national park. Hotel was clean, staff was friendly & helpful. Room was clean, beds were comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. Only complaint was that the pool was very dirty and was not heated, plus the Jacuzzi was not working too. Other wise loved the property. Would refer it anyone & will return in future if in that area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kitty L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.... We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and the National Parks. I don't know what date you where here but the pool and jacuzzi was just opened to the public again in mid April. We do not heat the swimming pool as our warm weather does an efficient job of that and Im happy to say we have replaced the frozen pump on the jacuzzi and it is up and working beautifully.

I hope that the remainder of your trip was safe and happy. Please consider us again whenever you are in our little corner of California.

Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed 4-25-13 This was a very nice room.
Our room was in the newer building there are 2 and one is the older 2 story outside access entry rooms. The other has 3 floors and an elevator all inside.
Breakfeast was not a grand experiance. But it was good enough to get your day started. Scrambled eggs, link sausage, and waffles were the basic hot items, with your basic continental breakfeast.
Resuraunts in the area were slim.
No Cell phone service in the area so expect to use a land line for all calls (No biggie)

My only complaint was that the shower curtin was to short, so when you turned on the shower it wanted to blow out of the tub (it had no weights in it, so i would soak it on the bottom to make it cling to the tub. When i brought it to managements attention they assured me it would be fixed before the next guest used it)

For visiting Sequoia it is perfect, though the long drive back to it from Sequoia, Kings Canyon area makes it a good ending point rather than starting point.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kitty L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. I did have my housekeeping replace the short shower curtain and I do appreciate that you brought it to my attention. I have had my staff replace that and its good to go. I hope that you made it to your next destination safely and that we will see you again someday.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Our room was uncomfortaby not clean. There was also an ant problem.. other than that it would have been very nice! Manager Shelly said she would call for a deep clean..but otherwise wasnt concerned....I on rhe other hand would not stay again due to the reaction.

• Stayed April 2013
Kitty L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

I do remember you on the day you where checking out and you came to the front desk to let me know that your room had an ant problem and also that there was 'olive pits' on the floor. I did say that I would have that room deep cleaned and I turned to my Head Housekeeper and asked her to go immediately to your room to inspect it. With that you said Thank You and you left without waiting for the inspection of the situation.

My housekeeper reported back to me within 5 minutes that upon entering the room she found open soda cans, food wrappers and the small trash can beeming with food wrappers. This could have been the source of the problem. She found no evidence of the "olive pits" though and I see that you don't mention them here in your review. You never did return to the front desk to find out what if anything I would do to compensate you.

I hope that you arrived home safely and that you enjoyed our National Parks while you where here.

Most Respectfully,

Campton, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

It is the nicest hotel in the area but as a frequent traveler this place is far from nice. Arrived an hour and half before check in... they would not allow early check in. Went to see the big sequoias which were beautiful. Sheets feel like sandpaper... no water pressure, pool closes with a padlock promptly at nine on weekends. No mini fridge, no microwave and you are lucky if you get a neighbor who is quiet (every squeek and sound can be heard in the building). The locals are the nicest people ever but the staff doesn't seem genuine.

Dear Guest,

I apologize for you having to wait to check in as the room type that you reserved is the most popular and they just hadn't been inspected yet to insure the room met our standards before allowing a new guest to check into it. As with any hotel there are standards that we perfer to keep such as the pool hours. As pool pumps are extremely noisey and there are guest rooms above that area we have taken on the policy that 9pm is fair to everyone. However, if you had asked for the pool to be left open for another half hour we would have gladley accommodated you as we want everyone to experience our amenities and for it to be a pleasant experience at that.

Also we do have rooms with and without a microwave and refrigerator as we do try to fit everyones budget and needs. We do strive to make everyones time here pleasant and comfortable and I'm sorry that this was not the case for you. I hope you arrived home safely and that you enjoyed our National Parks.

Best Regards,

Brighton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night whilst visiting the giant forest at sequoia national park. It's a basic motel but perfectly adequate for an overnight stay. Rooms are dated but a decent size and clean. Wifi works well and decent choice of cable tv. About 20 mins drive from the park entrance. Pizza restaurant and grocery store a few mins walk across the street. Nice free breakfast. Would recommend!

• Stayed April 2013
Kitty L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you took to post such a kind review about your stay with us. We do strive to go the extra distance when ever we can and we are pleased that your needs where met by our staff. We hope that if you are ever in our area again, you will allow us to be your place of comfort and safety.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for a night in February before a big hiking/camping trip up in Sequoia. They staff was friendly and welcoming. In the morning I noticed I forgot my toothbrush. I walked up to the desk and asked how much the toothbrush was in the convenience shop. The lovely woman at the desk said "I'll give you one for free." Very nice of her! They also let me park my jeep there for 3 nights while I camped out. Also the waffle breakfast was delicious!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your thoughts about your stay with us. I'm so pleased that you found your stay with us accommodating, comfortable and safe. I hope you also enjoyed your time camping in the park as well. I hope that you arrived home safely and if you are ever in need of our services again, please call.

Manager

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon? Share your experiences!