We stayed three nights in April 2012. The main areas of the motel are pleasant enough, and the location is convenient to what there is of the "downtown" area of Three Rivers, and close to national parks. The breakfast is ample, if somewhat pedestrian: fruit, bread of all kinds, condiments, coffee, juice, scrambled eggs (made from powdered eggs), sausage (made from God only knows what), and you can make your own waffles from pre-made batter and drown them in artificially colored and flavored corn syrup.
The big problem was with our room: I gave the carpet the "white socks" treatment (walk around for a while in white socks and see how long they stay white). It was not clean. One of the electrical outlets near the bed did not work, and in our bathroom, the fluorescent light over the sink and mirror was burnt out. When we called this in to maintenance, we had a fix-it man camping out with us on and off for three days, leaving the miscellaneous parts lying around the bathroom, and broken pieces of sharp plastic on the floor.
The light was never fixed. Our shower curtain had red stains -- blood or fingernail polish? I could not distinguish.
The hot tub was broken. I talked to a different maintenance man about that. He said they needed to go into the city to buy a replacement jet, but no one had bothered to perform that task.
When I complained about the hot tub, the staff claimed that the hot tub and pool were closed "for the season" (late April in California is out of season?), and claimed that this was indicated on their website (it was not... nor were the pool or hot tub in any way marked "closed"). And if the hot tub were out of service, why was it filled with hot water, even though the jets were broken?
Apparently, locals try to sneak in for free breakfast, so the motel staff had attempted to remedy this situation by removing the handle on the dining room door that faced the interior grounds. I don't know if it deterred locals, but it certainly made it difficult for us guests to enter the dining room without traipsing out and around the building to the front entrance.
Basically, this place was being run for the pleasure of the staff and not for the comfort of the guests.
I recommend that visitors to the area check out a local establishment and let this chain wither as it should.
PS: When I checked out, I made my feelings about the above-mentioned things very clear to the staff, and I requested that they refund the equivalent of one day's lodging. They refused, but said they would return 10% to our credit card.
They never made this refund.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn & Suites is conveniently located only 5 miles from the Sequoia National Park, where you will find the General Sherman Tree and the Giant Forest. This hotel is the only official shuttle bus stop in the Three Rivers area that travels to Sequoia & Kings Canyon national parks (seasonal from May to September). We offer 103 guest rooms, including 16 suites, with many great amenities and services one could ask for in the Three Rivers area. The Three Rivers area has a great selection of year round activities as well as great restaurants. The Comfort Inn prides itself on offering a warm, inviting atmosphere that will immediately have you feeling right at home.Comfort Inn & Suites offers several great services and amenities to all its guests. In the morning, come enjoy our free Hot Deluxe Breakfast with eggs, sausages, and hot waffles. Also, enjoy browsing the web with our free high-speed wireless Internet access. All of our rooms feature in-room coffee makers, irons, ironing boards, work desks and cable television. Rooms with microwaves, refrigerators, wet bars, and fireplaces are also available. Other amenities include an outdoor pool and spa, fitness center, with sauna, coin-operated laundry facilities, gift shop, free local calls, and complimentary local newspaper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon Hotel Three Rivers
- Comfort Inn And Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon
- Comfort Inn Three Rivers
- Sequoia Park Lodging
- Three Rivers Comfort Inn