“Great location to Sequoia Park” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Three Rivers
Clovis, California
“Great location to Sequoia Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Good experience at this hotel. The staff was very helpful, especially since we had a very late check-in. Breakfast was pretty good but crowded - again, the staff was hard-working and helpful. The only minuses were the drumming up sound of all the Harleys in the morning - a lot of motorcyclists stay there - and the beds seemed harder than normal for a Comfort Inn. Not a deal breaker. The location was great for our busy trip, close to Three Rivers entrance to the park. Not a lot of places in Three Rivers to eat this late in the season, though.

Room Tip: Rooms on the interior courtyard area were probably quieter than those on the parking lot.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kitty L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

I appreciate that you posted such a kind review. We strive to provide our guests with everything they should need from comfort, food, pool and great advice to what to enjoy and stay away from in our area. I'm so pleased that you where satisfed with your stay and I look forward to your return.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We weren't prepared to camp, so used the Comfort Inn/Three Rivers as our base during our three day visit to Sequoia National Park. The staff were super friendly and very helpful, including advising us which restaurants to AVOID. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. A mini-fridge and microwave would have been welcome additions, though, as there are few nearby dining options and Park visitors usually want to take food along for the day. The included breakfast was good, but the hot foods are in a separate room, and some people likely miss out because they don't notice that.
All in all a pleasant, comfortable stay, and we'd use this motel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us. We appreciate that you articulated what you did like about your stay with us. We do use all reviews to either validate the things we are doing rights just as much as the harsh ones that help us to know where we can improve. We look forward to providing you with a comfortable place again on your nexr adventure in this area.

Many Blessings,

Dunfermline
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for 2 nights when we visited Sequioa and Kings Canyon.

It was a nice hotel - motel style with good large rooms and 2 beds. They provide a free breakfast which was very good and a good saving. It is quite close to Sequioa, but at the moment you have to be careful and time your trip since up to 5pm you can only get to the main park because of road repairs every hour on the hour. After 5 pm its every 20 mins so there is no problem. This may go on for the rest of the year. There are not that many restuarants, we ate at the Riverside and the Gateway. The Riverside was OK and well priced, but I found the Gateway over priced and pretentious (that is only my opinion). The best thing about it was the Riverside tables. Maybe because the are close to the park gate they get away with poor service and pricey menu.

Sequioa park was great and the trees awesome as was king Canyon.

All in all the comfort Inn was a good choice from a limited number of hotels.

Room Tip: I you are travelling with heavy suitcases and find stairs difficult ask for a lower room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Kitty L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a reveiw about your stay with us. I am so pleased that you found everything accomodating. I hope that your time in the National Parks was everything you hoped it would be and more. Please visit us again if you are ever in our area.

Best Wishes,

Newhall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The motel and staff were very nice. Our room was comfortable and we were within walking distance of food. They could have used a couple extra towels in the room, especially since most everyone took their bath towel to the pool. The breakfast room was extremely crowded even though there were numerous tables and chairs. The only real problem we had was the bathroom plumbing backed up. We learned that we were not the only room with that problem. Other than that, assuming that the plumbing problem is most likely fixed by now, we really liked the place.

Room Tip: Rooms 128-138 are in a great spot.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your vacation. I apologize for your plumbing issue and I hope that the issue was resolved in good time as I'm sure it was. We do have some of those issues from time to time as you can imagine the use that the property sustains. Im so happy to hear that everything else served you well during your stay and I hope that if you are ever in our area again, you will chose us for your comforts.

Irvine, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We were off to Sequoia National Park and this is one of the hotels close on the south. I made the reservation over the internet for two nights.

This appears to be a newer facility and well kept. We were traveling with my father and I had make a reservation for two rooms. He was given a room in a building seperate from ours. There are two buildings on the property.

His building, attached to the office area, did not have an elevator. He is 88 years old and we had to carry his bags up the stairs to his room. Not a good start.

The night before we had stayed at a Comfort Suite in Visalia, CA and it was older, but great. The room had a sofa in the suite. This hotel id not have a sofa in the room. The pellows on the bed were smaller than normal and not very comfortable.

I dropped my glasses while reading in bed and bent over to retrieve them from the floor. While doing so I noticed the bed was on a pedistal and that the area under the bedspread near the pedastal what full of debris the vacuum had not reached. Yuuck!!

Due to the inconvience of the room for my father and a change in travel plans, on the first day I notified the desk we would be staying only one night. I was told without hesitation that I would be charged a $50 per night cancellation-change or reservation fee per room.

I protested that I had made one reservation for the two rooms and if a fee was to be charged I should only have to pay for one cancelled reservation. They said no. I asked them to check with a manager, they said no. I insisted they check with a manager, who I was told was not there, and a moment later.....the manager appeared. She told me her computer had two reservation numbers for my booking and so I would have to pay two fees.

I said hold on a minute and presented my print out of my booking with ONE reservation number for two rooms. She said "oh, we have it listed as two" and she waived the second $50 fee. So, to not stay the two nights I had reserved, but instead only one, I had to pay $50 to leave.

I checked with the other Comfort Suites that I stayed at during this two week trip and was told at each one that they would not have charged an early departure fee.

Would I stay here again, yes. But, ask and get the room in the building with the elevator if you are on the second floor. And don't leave early or change your reservation in any way.

Room Tip: Ask for the building with the elevator if you are assigend a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kitty L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I apologize for the crumbs that were under your bed skirt and I will have housekeeping do a deeper cleaning on the room that you where in. In the future when making your reservations, please let the front desk or agent of process know the specifics of your needs, ie ground floor or bldg with an elevator as we do get those messages and can assign rooms accordingly. We appreciate that you posted your experience as we see all reviews as opportunities to improve.

Thanks again..

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Overall this hotel was good. Since it was the weekend we expected it to be busy....it is the best and closest to Sequoia & Kings Canyon NP's...The rom was large and everything worked well except the iron! The hot tub was hot - not sure why the jets were so powerful they threw water everywhere! Both the tub and the pool were clean. Had a bit of a problem with the laundry. Only two washers and one dryer were working...I did get my money refunded very graciously when I fed a dryer that would not heat. We are on a coast to coast trip so laundry was one of my must haves when booking here! I must agree with other writers - breakfast was too busy. On the plus side - front desk were most helpful, rooms were clean and location was perfect. Would love to visit again one day and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Try your best not to get a room overlooking the construction site!
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review. We are pleased that you where satisfied with your room and the property. I apologize for your experience at breakfast as we do the best we can with the space that we have available. We hope that the rest of your journey was happy and safe and we look forward to the next time you visit this area.

Many Thanks,

CALIFORNIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a very convenient hotel to Sequoia National Park since it is only about 6 miles from the gate. It is a typical Comfort Inn and the only problem we had was the breakfast was so crowded that many of the food stations were out of food.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kitty L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the food running short.. I hope that you where able to let one of the staff know so that they could make sure that you got everything you needed. I hope that if you are ever again in this part of California you give us another chance to make every aspect of your stay, acceptable.

Manager

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon? Share your experiences!