We were off to Sequoia National Park and this is one of the hotels close on the south. I made the reservation over the internet for two nights.
This appears to be a newer facility and well kept. We were traveling with my father and I had make a reservation for two rooms. He was given a room in a building seperate from ours. There are two buildings on the property.
His building, attached to the office area, did not have an elevator. He is 88 years old and we had to carry his bags up the stairs to his room. Not a good start.
The night before we had stayed at a Comfort Suite in Visalia, CA and it was older, but great. The room had a sofa in the suite. This hotel id not have a sofa in the room. The pellows on the bed were smaller than normal and not very comfortable.
I dropped my glasses while reading in bed and bent over to retrieve them from the floor. While doing so I noticed the bed was on a pedistal and that the area under the bedspread near the pedastal what full of debris the vacuum had not reached. Yuuck!!
Due to the inconvience of the room for my father and a change in travel plans, on the first day I notified the desk we would be staying only one night. I was told without hesitation that I would be charged a $50 per night cancellation-change or reservation fee per room.
I protested that I had made one reservation for the two rooms and if a fee was to be charged I should only have to pay for one cancelled reservation. They said no. I asked them to check with a manager, they said no. I insisted they check with a manager, who I was told was not there, and a moment later.....the manager appeared. She told me her computer had two reservation numbers for my booking and so I would have to pay two fees.
I said hold on a minute and presented my print out of my booking with ONE reservation number for two rooms. She said "oh, we have it listed as two" and she waived the second $50 fee. So, to not stay the two nights I had reserved, but instead only one, I had to pay $50 to leave.
I checked with the other Comfort Suites that I stayed at during this two week trip and was told at each one that they would not have charged an early departure fee.
Would I stay here again, yes. But, ask and get the room in the building with the elevator if you are on the second floor. And don't leave early or change your reservation in any way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn & Suites is conveniently located only 5 miles from the Sequoia National Park, where you will find the General Sherman Tree and the Giant Forest. This hotel is the only official shuttle bus stop in the Three Rivers area that travels to Sequoia & Kings Canyon national parks (seasonal from May to September). We offer 103 guest rooms, including 16 suites, with many great amenities and services one could ask for in the Three Rivers area. The Three Rivers area has a great selection of year round activities as well as great restaurants. The Comfort Inn prides itself on offering a warm, inviting atmosphere that will immediately have you feeling right at home.Comfort Inn & Suites offers several great services and amenities to all its guests. In the morning, come enjoy our free Hot Deluxe Breakfast with eggs, sausages, and hot waffles. Also, enjoy browsing the web with our free high-speed wireless Internet access. All of our rooms feature in-room coffee makers, irons, ironing boards, work desks and cable television. Rooms with microwaves, refrigerators, wet bars, and fireplaces are also available. Other amenities include an outdoor pool and spa, fitness center, with sauna, coin-operated laundry facilities, gift shop, free local calls, and complimentary local newspaper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon Hotel Three Rivers
- Comfort Inn And Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon
- Comfort Inn Three Rivers
- Sequoia Park Lodging
- Three Rivers Comfort Inn