“Okay hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Three Rivers
Richmond, VA
“Okay hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have stayed at better hotels and super glad we didn't arrive earlier then when we did because they had NO WATER for a night & in the am according to another couple there. Breakfast was a zoo with all the people there. Our room was clean, one staff person wasn't as helpful as others but I don't remember who name (just that she was a little on the rude side but then again that was before we knew about the water issue).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kitty L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

I apologize for your disappointing stay with us. We did have a water pump go out around 9pm the night of your arrival. We did call for a serviceman from the neighboring big city who made it up here by 11pm. Unfortunately he was unable to repair it until the next morning due to a part that needed replacing. As issues like this does stress out some more than others there is no excuse for rude behaviour and for her I apologize. Breakfast can get alittle hectic around here but I can guarantee that nobody leaves here hungry. I hope that your journey ended safely and if every in this area again, I hope that you will give us another chance to meet your expectations.

Thank You for your review as we see all reviews as an opportunity to improve.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Phoenix, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

All we needed was a night stay somewhere that was clean and had beds for a family of 5. We normally stay in either Harriott or holiday inn or something like that. We really didn't expect anything special so I wasn't holding out for the mints on the pillows. Clean is was my only requirement.

The room was filthy! The bed sheets where wet still my son called them sticky which made me overly concerned but then we just realized it was wet sheets from being under dried. The bathrooms where totally GROSS. There was long black hair all over the back of the bathroom doors, one bathroom (we had 2 rooms) had soda or juice spill dried all over it. The shower didn't drain and so you stood in a bath or dirty shower water. The bathroom walls where mildewy and had be repainted and re-caulked over a million times but still you could see the old mildewy paint and caulk from underneath. The hair dryer would cut in and out when it got to hot too. There was an awkwardly placed amour in the bathroom that blocked over half the bathrooms moving/counter space.

We got through the night of wet sheets, stray back hairs and a mildewy shower the next morning and figured we had survived and we would be on our way. We only had breakfast to tackle. I had to do some work before we headed up the hill to the Sequoias and so my husband took the kids to get breakfast while I stayed in the room, he was going to bring me back a muffin and some juice or something like that. He had all 5 of our breakfast vouchers and off he went. I have to eat something in the morning or else I get headaches and so he knew it was important to get me something to eat. He called me in a complete rage from the lobby, the manager or desk person wouldn't let him take ANYTHING out of the lobby and back to our room. We had our 5 vouchers and you can take food into the room that was clear enough by the prior food stains in our rooms they didn't clean up. My husband yelled and screamed at the guy about the "policy" and then he just walked out with a plate of food for me in haste. He was so upset when he got back to the room. There was no need to treat him or us this way.

Needless to say I can't recommend you stay here but given the NON options in town i don't know where else one would stay either. There are small little 1 room 100sf motels in town and for a family of 5 that just wasn't going to work. I almost would say to skip the Three Rivers and stay closer into town than the base of the park. Sad because this little sleepy town could really benefit from a nicely ran CLEAN family accommodating hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We checked in for 4 nights here, nice motel and surrounds, nice outdoor pool too.
The first evening we noticed a few ants around the room, next morning we asked reception to do something about it, they said they'd ask for them to be sprayed or something.
Next evening there seemed to be more, we didn't complain again yet.
Next morning getting ready to go out after putting my bag on the bed the whole bed sheet was crawling with 100's of ants, they seemed to have been attracted to a pocket where I'd maybe previously put a chocolate wrapper.
I phoned reception to say we needed to move rooms, no way would we stay there another 2 nights.
The receptionist said that was not possible they were fully booked out.
Going to breakfast we killed 5 ants which were still crawling all over me.
After reception we took some of these dead ants on a napkin to the reception to show them.
We were greeted with a sheepish response, the receptionist saying she didn't realise the problem was so bad, she handed us the keys of another room to check over, so they did have a spare room after all!
That room also had a few ants around the walls and surfaces.
Returning to reception we took keys of another room, that was OK and we remained ther for the 2 remaining nights with to our relief no more ants in sight.
No other problems with our stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Kitty L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is unfortunate that when in these foothills there are some insects to deal with and they are attracted to food and sweets. I can't confirm but I'm pretty sure that at the time you asked to be moved there where no available rooms, but then one became available through either an early check out or an cancellation. It is our policy to move a guest upon request if we do have availability to do so. Im pleased that the remainder of your stay was satisfactory and hope that if in our area in the future, you choose us again.

Thank you again for staying with us...

Best Wishes,

honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

The Comfort Inn in Three rivers was our home for one night. Kids got to go into the hot tub and enjoyed it. The rooms are clean, large and comfortable: refrig, microwave, free parking and the fabulous breakfast: eggs, sausage, waffles, fresh fruit, juices, pastry, bread, rolls...a deluxe breakfast. We were very happy with our stay at the Comfort Inn. We would stay again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review...Its always good to hear about the things we get right and we are so pleased that you found your stay with us comfortable and accomodating. I hope that when traveling in our area in the future you stay with us again.

Many Blessings,
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Please know that the bikers ruined our 2 nites at your hotel. Kitty and management were most accomodating and apologetic over the situation. When our 2 grandsons (14 years of age) were at the pool they experienced people being thrown in the pool while holding containers of alcohol, smoking at the pool with cigarette and cigar butts being left on pool side tables. They witnessed skinny dipping by a female. Obnoxious vulgar language was the norm. It is extremely difficult for us to enforce management rules (regardless of location) with the total disregard for any rules that are posted by others.

Police presence was definetly welcomed by us. We had 2 14 year olds afraid and we as adults were extremely uncomfortable. We chose to bring into our room a weapon. My husband is conceal and carry certified.

It also should be noted that when we were visiting Sequoia Park that the same group of bikers were ignoring posted closed road signs and flipping off Park Rangers. The Rangers were unable to control this group who were in restricted areas.

We ran into many Comfort Inn guests in the Park and overheard many of them discussing the behaviors at the hotel the past evening. We also stopped at a restaurant in Three Rivers whose waitress also had a run in at the gas station with the same biker group.

If it were't for the Owner and Management of the Comfort Inn I would be filing a complaint with Corporate.

Thanks Kitty and staff for trying to make amends for unruly guest swho were totally out of control.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel and we appreciate that you recognized that some people can push the limits of what is acceptable and expected. The only thing I would do differently is call the police much sooner and possible have the entire group removed from our hotel.

I hope that in the future when you do come this way again that you would consider us as a safe and comfortable place to stay with your family as this group has been banned fromour property.

Best Wishes,
Palm Springs, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Watch out for the white lounge chairs by the pool. I reported that two of the eight chairs were broken and that I had put them aside so no one else could be hurt on them. My guest who joined me here injured his hand when one of the chair backs collapsed pinning his hand up against a metal fence that surrounds the pool area. There was a very painful blood blister kind of bruise that resulted. When we went in to the front desk to report the response was - "be careful out there" No offer to assist with the any type of help at all - nothing. Just to add insult to injury the broken lounge chairs were back poolside the next evening. I assumed they had been removed and sat in one that looked "OK" but also collapsed the same way on me as it had on my guest. I turned it upside down on the grass so people could tell it was broken. While in the hot tub a group of children who seemed to be around 10 suddenly started shrieking in laughter when their mother went over in exactly the same way. These chairs appear to be an inexpensive K-Mart type alternative for people to use in the home environment. They were not designed to stand up to this kind of use and should be removed completely - every one of them. The kids found them to be great fun because the imbalance in the design is much like a seesaw.

I am a sixty-two year old disabled veteran with back problems. Being dumped over backwards on my head is about the worse thing I can do for my pain management routine. I suffered with a flare up of back pain which limited my enjoyment of a much needed few days away to enjoy the wild life in some of the most beautiful National Forrest and Parks in the world. I don't travel often because of my back and it will take weeks to mend my back after this.

I will take the advice of the desk manager and - BE CAREFUL! OMG! This is what you get for $100 a night now?

I will follow-up with a letter to the manager and let you guys know the outcome.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We do apologize for your negative experience here at our property. I do understand that our reaction was unsatisfactory and that issue has been addressed I assure you. We hope that your are well and have had no prolonged discomfort from your accident at the pool. I hope that we do see you in the future when you use the complimentary room that we have offered you for a future stay.

Many Blessings,

YUBA CITY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My room was clean, well maintained and conveniently located near the gate into the National Parks.lt was perfect for our vacation away from stress and hustle of everday life. My family and I stayed at this hotel the weekend that they had a biker group staying there. On Friday I was walking with my children to the pool when to my surprise I saw 2 middle aged and obviously drunk women pole dancing like strippers on the picnic tables. I couldnt believe my eyes...right at the moment I saw them, the manager came rushing out shouting at them to stop. All I could think of was thank God someone was concerned. The group appeared very comfortable that this was going on at 5pm in the afternoon on a Friday. Needless to say I took my kids back to our room and made different plans for our afternoon. When we returned, this group was still by the pool and still in party mode so my family and I never did get to swim together that day. I called the front desk and spoke to the manager, Shelly. She assured me that they would soon be going to have some dinner and would hopefully be sobered up soon. Although its not exactly what I wanted to hear but under the circumstances she was doing her best to try and make everybody happy.
This group continued to party until after 11:00pm with women screaming and squeeling as they did shooters and a beer bong in the parking lot and music blarring like they owned the hotel. I saw the manager continuously go out to the parking lot and ask them to turn the music down and stop the screaming. Finally we saw the police come but by then it was after 12am.
The next day we asked the front desk as to what we could expect at the pool. The manager assured me that the pool and the property would be under control and that their would be no problems that day or night. She kept her word because we were able to enjoy the rest of our stay there......and even got to use the pool with my children. All I can say is better late than never on calling the police for help.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Kitty L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay with us. I appreciate your kind words about your experience you had with my staff and your accomodations. I do apologize again for the group we had here that disrupted most everybodies weekend. I can assure you that that particular group has been black listed from our property and we will continue to put the welfare and comfort of our guest who do conduct themselves respectfully, first.

We look forward to your return and until then, be blessed.

Manager

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon? Share your experiences!