“Kind of a jewel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Three Rivers Hideaway

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Three Rivers
Three Rivers Hideaway
You added Three Rivers Hideaway to your Saves list
43365 Sierra Drive, Highway 198, Three Rivers, CA 93271   |
Mission Viejo, California
“Kind of a jewel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

When we first drove in, I was disappointed! Lots of trucks and equipment and run down trailers. The owner was very nice and accommodating. We had made reservations for three nights but ending up liking the place that we stayed another night. We were here with our motor home and with friends that had theirs. Our spot was great! We had partial hook ups with water and electricity. There is river a and a little lake down below. It was very charming. We walked down daily with our dog and sat at one of the benches enjoying the view. The people living there are so friendly and polite. There is a bakery across the street and this park is close to Saqioa.

The bathrooms/showers, even though we had no need or them, were clean and freshly done.

The only negative I have to say about this place is the equipment all over the place. If the owner would store it in one place that would make it so much better looking. Having said that, don't negate this place because of it. It is charming and rustic and very quite. We enjoyed ourselves and would come back

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Milledgeville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

This is not a very nice RV park. We had reservations but there was no indication that the manager knew about the reservation. We rented an RV site and a cabin. When we arrived, there was no one in the office for 20 to 30 minutes. The location is convenient to Sequoia National Park.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Three Rivers Hideaway on a recent RV trip through California. We decided to stay at this property because of it's proximity to Sequoia National Park, which is around five miles from the entrance, and because of the great pictures and description on their website. The distance to the park was perfect, but the campground was far from nice.

When we arrived, the campground looked nothing like the website portrayed it to be. In fact, we thought we were at the wrong campground because the pictures did not look like they did on the website.

When we parked our RV, we walked into the office to check in, and there was no one present to receive us. In fact, the office door was left wide open. We waited for 15 minutes, talking to others inside the park, talking to maids, talking to people on bicycles riding through the area, and we could not locate the manager. We even called the office phone and the managers cell phone, but no one answered. Finally, one of the maids went into the office and began looking for the reservation book. We had made reservations several months ahead but nothing could be found. After several minutes with the maid, the manager finally pulled up. He began looking through his reservation book, and couldn't find the reservation, but asked us how many nights we wanted to stay and directed us to an open slot.

The campground was much smaller than most, and it was very dated. Many of the campers in the campground were people who lived there. It look liked an old trailer park rather than an RV resort. The roads around the campground were mainly gravel and very narrow, especially for longer RVs.

Upon hooking up, we noticed that the power source was only 30 amps, rather than the standard 50. This caused the power in our RV to short out frequently. It was frustrating to have to keep resetting our power supply.

The owner told us about a beautiful river that ran behind the park, but when we walked down there we found a pool of stagnated water and a muddy beach.

Some of those traveling with us decided to stay in the cabins on site. These small cabin units were up near the main road. The rooms appeared to be clean until we went to the bathroom. After the shower ran for five minutes, water was ankle deep. After lifting up the shower mat, I found a wad of hair the size of a softball clogging the drain. This was one of the dirtiest showers I've ever seen.

We left the Three Rivers Hideaway early the next morning, completely shocked by how much different the website made this place look compared to what was really there. In all honesty, this place became a joke for us on the remainder of the trip. While the proximity to Sequoia national Park was excellent, this campground was very poor. Stay at your own risk!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hanford, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

My fiance & I have been up here on several occasions. We camp here whenever we can get away. We love that there is a restaurant right across the street (We Three Restaurant), & a natural swimming hole right there on site (part of the river is rocked off), My 10 yr old son even caught a (little) fish! This place is pet-friendly & its fun to drink beer by the river & go swimming! Each site has a firepit & a table. We love bringing up the Jeep! At $20 for dry camping, you can't beat it. It also has showers & bathrooms (and porta-potties next to the dry-camping sites). Sometimes, the owner isn't in the office, so you just find a spot (first come/first serve) & he will catch up with you later.

We also love that there is a really great restaurant/bar (River View) about a mile or so down the road, where you can dine on the river & listen to live music on the weekends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Monterey, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We decided on a last minute trip to Sequoia over the Fourth of July wkend. I originally wanted to stay in Sequoia NP, but wasn't able to secure any sites. So fortunately Three Rivers was nearby and had sites available. We did try to snag an empty site in Sequoia...we drove into two campgrounds. They were way overcrowded for the holiday wkend. Three Rivers at least had good space btwn individual sites.
My husband, sister and I were on this particular trip.

Here are random thoughts/notes:
Tons of flies and yellow jackets. At least there weren't any ants.
There are showers and flush toilets available. They're dirty though. It didn't get cleaned the three nights we stayed there. Doesn't seem the owners cared to clean them, except emptying the trash cans. There were always stocks of toilet paper, though. There are also porta potties towards the back of the grounds. They weren't smelly oddly.
The campgrounds itself is cleaner compared to others we've been to. No beer caps or cigarette butts on the ground. There is a pond on grounds which is full of algae. (Don't drink that water cuz I'm sure you'll get giardia.)
I think I heard a rattlesnake our last night. We were no where near bears.
Nice views of the trees and mountains.
No lights, so bring headlamps for night trips to the bathroom. The ground is hard, so it'll be difficult getting the pegs into ground.
The other campers separated their plastic bottles.
Ice is available by the manager's office.
The manager doesn't enforce the quiet-after-10pm rule, FYI. (But at least the partiers were playing music from our generation that we all liked.)

I think I would say I'd recommend this spot to folks wanting to camp in this region. I gave it only an avg because I'm a woman and like clean bathrooms. If they were clean, it would be a whole other story.

Room Tip: Try to look for trees and shade, esp if you'll be there in the summer. Can get very hot.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The location cant be beat (except by camps in the park obviously). We got to Sequoia at 8pm to find all camps full so we went to the next closest. When we got there I went in the office and noone was around. No bell to ring and no sign to say what I was suppose to do. I was beginning to think I got the wrong place. I walked around the side to see if anyone was around and sitting o/s a trailor home was two men.
They yelled hello to me so I walked over. After a few pleasant exchanges I still wasn't sure if either of these were anyone who could sell me a site. Eventually one stood up and told me to follow him to the office. It became evident very quick (he kept asking me the same questions) that he was drunk.
He was nice, and told me about a party they were going to have the next night so they'll probably be noise. He told me this upfront to check I was still ok staying.
The point is it seems very sketchy but was actually very nice.

We were staying in a tent so we relied on their facilities. They had two toilet blocks and some showers. We didn't use the showers but the toilets were clean and well stocked. The actual campsites are pretty much just a large dusty parking lot. They all had a table and fire pit but we could only get about 30% of the pegs in (even with a mallet) cause the ground is mostly rock. Luckily it wasn't windy.

The party ended up not being an issue. They stopped around 10:30.

If the parks full this is definitely a very good second best.

Room Tip: Try and get the sites under the trees on the far right as you drive into the lower camp ground. The...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I love the location of this place, and while traveling the US, the Sequoia is my favorite at this point. The park is older and needs a little work, the owner does what he can on a tight budget. Its not a conglomerate, but locally owned and operated. The internet was fast when you compare it to some other companies like thousand trails, etc, but when people use 3 to 4 devices each they slow it down. If other guests were considerate and only used one item instead of their phones, laptops and pads, it would be fast all the time. The park was friendly and I felt pretty secure the whole time I was there. I loved the location it wasn't far from the entrance, and there is a great place to have breakfast right across the street. Come visit say hello to Dave, hes a nice guy and will treat you right.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Residence Bellevue Guesthouse
Residence Bellevue Guesthouse
#4 of 10 in Three Rivers
5.0 of 5 stars 72 reviews

Been to Three Rivers Hideaway? Share your experiences!