We stayed three days and two nights at the River Oak cabin in the River Inn, and it was great! The cabin was small, but it was large enough for two people. The bed was comfortable, and everything looked clean. The kitchen is small, but well equipped with stove, fridge, microwave, and dishes. Prep areas for food are limited to a table outside on the deck or a small table next to the bed. The deck outside was really nice, private, and the hot tub was great to relax after a day of hiking and driving. Your backyard is literally the river bed, and you can hear the river loudly, which was nice.
Overall, we really enjoyed staying at the River Oak cabin. And cooking our own meals saved us a lot in food. I would definitely recommend it and I would stay here again on future trips. I think the negative reviews are from people who are way too picky and are expecting a high-end luxury resort experience.
The good stuff:
- Cozy and comfortable small cabin.
- Equipped with all the luxuries, including a hot tub on the deck
- Friendly and helpful owners/staff
- Very close to Sequoia park entrance
- Right on the river
- Well kept and very clean
- Their website portrayed a very accurate and informative description about the cabin, I was very pleased upon arrival.
My only complaints (which are very insignificant):
- The kitchen has very little food prep and counter space areas
- The shower head in the bathroom is a bit low, tall people will have to lean down
- You have to pay for WiFi, and we were told that it's only good for checking emails and web surfing, but too slow to upload photos or download content.
- There's absolutely no cell phone reception as soon as you hit the lake, unless you have AT&T, so do everything you have to do before you pass the lake.
- The deck has only one dim light, which made it a bit hard to grill in the dark both evenings
- The AC is a wall unit, so be aware that it'll be a bit loud if you have it running all night.
- You won't be able to sleep in because it gets really bright early in the morning (which might be a good thing)
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.