“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 10 Three Rivers B&B and Inns
New York
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2007

Stayed here one night while visiting Sequoia National Park (about 45min drive to Three Rivers) . The property is by a river, and is peaceful and quiet. Owners are very friendly and welcoming, and they have a beautiful home. Most travelers who stay here have a pet. Rooms are nicely decorated with a personal touch, but bathroom is not ensuite. Our bathroom was adjacent to our room, but we did not have to share it. We are a family of four, with twin toddlers, and we were in a room with a queen bed, and one full size, which was placed in what we think was originally a closet - but our boys loved it. It was comfortable enough for one night. Breakfast is continental, and Sharon bakes fresh pastry. Dinner options are limited - we ate at the Gateway Inn (about 20 mins drive) which is at a very pretty location, but food was terrible (and expensive) .

• Stayed June 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

I came across this place but I was right to follow my intuition.I stayed 2 nights there 15-16 June 2006.It's like to find something that you dreamed of.Not just my childhood dream about big trees but fairy tale inn materialized in Three Rivers.And excellent breakfast is speciality of Sharon.Thanks a lot.
Anatoly Meller,Israel

• Liked — Silence,cleanness and frankness
  • Disliked — I didn't find anything
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seal Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2007

When looking for a place to stay in three rivers for a birthday weekend trip to sequoia national forest, i was searching for something affordable but nice. i came across the sequoia river dance bed and breakfast on the net and checked out their website. it sounded too good to be true. relaxing riverside location, tasteful design, wonderful breakfasts, within our slim budget and friendly hosts. there had to be a catch. maybe they were located right off the highway. we booked anyway and found everything exceeded our expectations. the beds were comfy, we stayed in a room wtih a river view (which when we opened our windows everynight, we were lulled to sleep by the sound of the cascading water). the hosts dan and sharon couldn't have been more pleasant and accomodating and the breakfasts were outstanding. we were there three nights and every morning we woke up to something that smelled wonderful and tasted even better. our last day she made a dutch baby (a flat crepe like pancake with fresh strawberries on top), great coffee, juice and fresh fruit. i told sharon, the cook and owner, that she was spoiling us all with her great breakfasts and she said "that's the idea.". the last morning we sat around the table with several other couples who seemed
as delighted with everything as we did. i would recoommend this b&b very highly, plus it doesn't have all the foo-foo flowery preciousness that some b&b's could do without.

-jeff and devon, huntington beach, ca

• Liked — great breakfasts, homey atmosphere, nice hosts
  • Disliked — their street front signage was obscured by an overgrown bush, so we blew right past it
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oakland, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2007

We have relatives in the area, so we visit at least 3 times a year. We love staying with Sharon and her husband, they always make us feel so welcome and they are great with our two girls (8 and 11). I could not recommend this lovely place more.
--Kelly Jonick

• Liked — Warm and comforting
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Central Valley of California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2007

After 2 weeks of research I chose this B&B,and when I made my reservation 2 weeks before my arrival date, the owner indicated she would be out of town, but had staff to tend to us. 3 days before my arrival, she called to say that no staff would be available, but she would leave supplies me to cook my own breakfast, which I was ok with, but when I asked for an adjustment to the tarriff, she declined. She later called me back to cancel completely. I advised her this put me in a tough spot, and through conversation, she agreed to try to locate another accomodation for me. The one she found did not offer a king sized bed, so I had to decline. When she called the next day to see if I found accomodations, I indicated that in the spirit of good business practice, she might extend to me a complimentary night for another visit. She declined that request too. She stated doing the leg work to find another hotel (she called one) satisfied her obligation to me. Ouch!

Stayed May 2007
New Brunswick, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2007

We stumbled upon this place on the internet and stayed there 1 nite march/07. Picturesque setting close to sequoia national park. Hosts are very friendly and more than willing to help with whatever questions we had. And the breakfast! Now, this lady can cook. A gourmet breakfast we can still taste. It was wonderful. And of course, Jack the black lab who got short-changed on his tail at birth, completed our visit. Great spot, would not hesitate to stay again.

• Liked — the breakfast, the hosts, the location
  • Disliked — not a long enough stay
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
Wurzburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2006

We had a really lovely stay in this B&B. Our bed was very, very comfortable (I was tempted to ask what brand mattress it was because I loved it that much!) and the room was clean and nicely decorated.

Breakfast was prepared hot & fresh each morning by the innkeeper, and it was a nice atmosphere as we all sat around the table for our meal. We chatted with other families staying at the inn on both of the mornings of our stay which was fun.

I would definitely stay at this inn again as it was clean, comfortable & convenient for access to the parks.

• Liked — The backyard and the bed
  • Disliked — bath was across the hall (but was still private for only us)
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
Rio Sierra Riverhouse
Rio Sierra Riverhouse
#3 of 10 in Three Rivers
4.5 of 5 stars 98 reviews

Been to Sequoia River Dance B&B? Share your experiences!