“A one day journey in Sequoia Park” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sequoia River Dance B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Three Rivers
Sequoia River Dance B&B
You added Sequoia River Dance B&B to your Saves list
40534 Cherokee Oaks Drive, Three Rivers, CA 93271   |
Ranked #4 of 10 Three Rivers B&B and Inns
Switzerland
“A one day journey in Sequoia Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We had great two nights staying at Sequoia River Dance. Very peaceful and relaxing location. House and room are nicely decorated and very clean. Unfortunately there was no water in the river which would have been cherry on the cake. Sharon is very nice person and she has been very helpful to recommand us on our various enquiries. For the two nights, we took diner at the River View which was simple but good. We definitively recommand the Sequoia River Dance B&B.

Room Tip: We ended into last available room which was the suite. It was great to have kids in one room and par...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here recently while we hiked in sequoia. Sharon was so nice and catered to any of our needs especially when we needed to skip breakfast she left out food for us to bring. The rooms are really well decorated and most importantly very clean. Sharon is an amazing cook, breakfast was delicious and so are her cookies. I would certainly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed two nights and enfjoyed this B&B very much. Sharon is a friendly, considerate hostess, who provided helpful suggestions on restaurants, driving directions, etc. You will feel at home here. The home was built in the 70's, and at one time it was used as a convent. A stream runs behind it. It was running but low during our visit due to the drought. There are restaurants and gas very close by in Three Rivers. We ate dinner at the Gateway, which was nice but a bit over priced, probably due to the fact that it is right outside the park. The We Three Bakery is a good place to get sandwiches for a hike or picnic.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I can't say enough nice things about Riverdance B&B and about the propriters, Sharon and Dan.
The setting by the creek was wonderfully quiet and peaceful. Our rooms were comfortable and the breakfasts were scrumtious. Our hosts were ever-so gracious and fun. My family and I had a tremendous time at Squoia River Dence and we highly reccomend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Sharon was warm and welcoming. Her home is in a residential neighborhood not far from Sequoia and Kimgs canyon. The perfect location especially after hiking and sightseeing all day. The rooms are average with central air conditioning, but gets quite cool at night. The river runs behind the house and it is quite tranquil. The kitchen is huge and well appointed. There is a large living room stacked with books, games, big screen tv and travel information. There is no tv in the bedroom, which was not a problem. Breakfast is served at 8:30 and is nice and filling. Sharon went out of her way to provide me with gluten free breakfast, and even bought me a box of crackers for our four hour trip. We highly recommend this place to stay while traveling in this area. Note..great art work placed around the house.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms would be just fine.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed only one night at the Sequoia River Dance B&B, we would have happily stayed much longer, but we had a plan to keep to on our touring holiday. We carried out a lot of research on where to stay in the Three Rivers area and are very pleased we close this B&B. The B&B is in a quiet residential neighbourhood, but only a couple of minutes from the main road (198E). Good position to explore the Sequoia National Park or Kaweah Lake recreation area. The owners are very helpful and will assist you with any information on the surrounding area and park. There is a lovely kitchen / dining area, which then leads onto a lounge, which has a tv, numerous books on the area, games and doors leading to a terrace overlooking the river. This is a very comfortable, cosy and relaxing place to stay.

ROOMS
We stayed in the Crystal Hill room, which is on the first floor. It was a reasonable sized room with a very comfortable bed. Good size wardrobe, luggage space and large set of drawers for clothes. The window overlooks the river and a shared balcony. The room was decorated well and nicely furnished. There is no tv in the room, which we feel is a bonus, we are on a lovely touring holiday, who needs tv. There is a large tv in the lounge if needed. The private bathroom (for this room only), is a few steps down the hallway. There is a good sized shower, twin sinks and a toilet, it is a bit dated, but very adequate and clean. Soap, shower gel and shampoo provided.
Our friend stayed in the Sequoia Suite, which is next door to Crystal Hill room. The suite is split into two bedrooms which share a bathroom. The Blossom Peak room which is one of the Sequoia Suite's rooms was very well decorated, and gave a lovely homely feel, a great room to stay. The suite would be ideal for a family or couples.
There is another room on the first floor and one room on the ground floor. Free Wi-Fi in the rooms and house.

BREAKFAST
Sharon made a lovely breakfast which was very filling. Although she had already made the breakfast, she did ask if there was anything else we wanted, which she was willing to do. The setting for breakfast i.e. at a fantastic large wooden table, shared with other guests, was lovely and we were able to chat with the other guests in a leisurely/relaxed manner. Sharon will agree a breakfast time the night before so as to suit what the guests have planned for the day.

LOCATION
Good location to stay if you are looking to explore the Sequoia National Park area. Two minutes from the main highway through Three Rivers. The B&B is set in a very peaceful area with lovely views over the river at the rear. Three Rivers is a very quiet place and there is not much on offer. We did visit the Riverview Restaurant in the evening, when we first walked in we almost took a step back, as it was like going back in time. However the staff and locals were friendly and made us feel very welcome. They had some live music playing that night, which was enjoyable and they serve some very decent beer.

OVERALL
Great place to stay, relax and explore from. We would definitely stay at this B&B again. A big thank you to Sharon for looking after us. Visit their website to view the place for yourself, you will struggle to find anything as nice in the Three Rivers area. sequoiariverdance.com.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I think when I booked this I did not read the description properly. I thought we were staying in our own cabins and did not realise that we were staying in a room in someone elses cabin, so I was a little shocked when shown to our room. However Sharon was welcoming when we got there and pointed us to local maps/books etc all about the area which we sat and read. I was a little disappointed there was no tv in the room and being as we were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary I did feel that that every thing else was out of the question in a shared house (a bit like going home and being in the next room to your mother.. if you know what I mean???)... but as I said, that is my own fault for not reading the description enough. We did however have a lovely room and a very peaceful nights sleep. It is in a beautiful setting with a river running at the side of it. I would have liked a little choice at breakfast, because as much as I loved it, my husband does not eat sweet things and struggled to eat it... he was so looking forward to eggs for breakfast which he did not get. I did actually enjoy sharing breakfast with other guests and chatting to them about their travels etc. I would still recomend this place highly even though it was not what I had planned in my mind... Note to myself to read description more carefully in the future :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ShaShaSierraNevada, Owner at Sequoia River Dance B&B, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Most of our guests are very well traveled, and have enjoyed the experience of a bed and breakfast in the past. These guests have chosen us for that reason, and not by mistake. It is not for everyone, but many travelers appreciate the warmer, more personalized service of a B&B, rather than the cool anonymity of a large motel.

I believe our website gives a fair description of the kind of a place we are, photos included.

Been to Sequoia River Dance B&B? Share your experiences!