“GREAT Food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Northern California
“GREAT Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

This is an amazing gem of a restaurant right at the mouth of Sequoia Nat'l Park. I had the ribs (YUM), a Kobe burger (exceptional) and Brunch (WOW). I didn't like the calamari appetizer (chewy) or the fact the server put everything on my baked tater but other than that? FABULOUS.

Visited January 2014

Athens, Greece
“Gateway to a Great Evening.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Three Rivers is a delightful small town en route to Sequoia National Park. Who would expect such a fine restaurant amid this beautiful scenery and wild country? And yes, there are bears! It's just outside town with mountains and the rivers all around.A very warm welcome from Glen, really excellent food and the service of possibly the best waiter in the World. Devin, with his superb curly moustache quick wit and sharp intellect made this a memorable evening for us. My son and I had climbed Moro Rock that day, 8000ft up in Sequoia, so we were a little subdued with exhaustion.But the selection of mouth watering dishes and good wines soon livened us up. I only wish we could have been there during the day,however, it's beautifully lit outside and you can still appreciate your stunning surroundings.Very reasonably priced,and a must if you're in the area...even if you're not, go out of your way to enjoy, you wont regret it.

• Visited November 2013
Dallas, Texas
“super food, good service and nice views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

super food, good service and nice views. We had a wonderful evening and recommend this place to every body.

• Visited November 2013
channel isles
“As a single traveller I was made to feel so at home there, and I thought all the local people in the hotel and town very friendl”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

From the moment I arrived I felt welcome, and all the staff were friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant was great, and the accommodation was perfect for me. Glen and Susan the hosts were so welcoming and treated me like a friend. The sequoia national park entrance is only a couple of hundred metres up the road, and the park is a beautiful place for walking and the area is full with wildlife. The town is very spread out with interesting shops , and also good for breakfast and coffee if you want to eat in town, but the Gateway restaurant has lovely food, and you do not have to go out to eat. All in all, a fabulous place.

• Visited October 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Overpriced for what you get”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had dined here a couple times before mostly because of the view from the patio. This time we called ahead for reservations for 6 people and requested to be seated outside on the patio. When we got to the restaurant, my husband and I walked past the employee at the bar and walked up to the sign that said "Please wait to be seated". The employee at the bar made a remark to the rest of our party asking if we were with their party and seemed perturbed that we walked past him. Regardless of our reservation, they seated us inside, claiming that they had a party of 30 outside. We would have gladly waited to be seated outside on the patio had they offered it to us because it was hot and stuffy inside. One of the people in our party checked the patio and found that the party of 30 was just leaving. The food was very overpriced and mediocre. The rolls were cold and not very tasty and and had a strong yeast smell. I would not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013