“super food, good service and nice views” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 Restaurants in Three Rivers
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dallas, Texas
“super food, good service and nice views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

super food, good service and nice views. We had a wonderful evening and recommend this place to every body.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

channel isles
“As a single traveller I was made to feel so at home there, and I thought all the local people in the hotel and town very friendl”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

From the moment I arrived I felt welcome, and all the staff were friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant was great, and the accommodation was perfect for me. Glen and Susan the hosts were so welcoming and treated me like a friend. The sequoia national park entrance is only a couple of hundred metres up the road, and the park is a beautiful place for walking and the area is full with wildlife. The town is very spread out with interesting shops , and also good for breakfast and coffee if you want to eat in town, but the Gateway restaurant has lovely food, and you do not have to go out to eat. All in all, a fabulous place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Overpriced for what you get”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had dined here a couple times before mostly because of the view from the patio. This time we called ahead for reservations for 6 people and requested to be seated outside on the patio. When we got to the restaurant, my husband and I walked past the employee at the bar and walked up to the sign that said "Please wait to be seated". The employee at the bar made a remark to the rest of our party asking if we were with their party and seemed perturbed that we walked past him. Regardless of our reservation, they seated us inside, claiming that they had a party of 30 outside. We would have gladly waited to be seated outside on the patio had they offered it to us because it was hot and stuffy inside. One of the people in our party checked the patio and found that the party of 30 was just leaving. The food was very overpriced and mediocre. The rolls were cold and not very tasty and and had a strong yeast smell. I would not recommend this restaurant.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Visalia, California
“Don't Go There!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I figure since Heather your waitress didn't care how she treats customers, I would let you know about my families experience today at the Gateway.

Went up to The Gateway to have a great lunch with my family and had the worst experience ever in my life.
Got there about 1:15pm. Not busy at all. An older couple from out of the area was using the phone but were now ready to be seated. The Waitress Heather was in a rush to make change off a ticket. When she came back and asked in a bad way " Do you have reservations?" We said no. With a deep inhale she said " let me go check to see if there was anything." We wanted to be seated on the porch. She came back and said there would be about a 5 minute wait. As she makes change again on another ticket, the older couple says they are ready to be seated which Heather tells them it will be a 15 minute wait. So the couple look at each other and said they didn't have to eat on the porch. They could eat inside. The old Lady's hubby says or we could eat in the bar. Heather responds, "I'll be back. Your not ready" and leaves to give the change to a table out on the porch. The old couple looked at me " like you did hear that?" Oh yah I did! Heather returns and grabs 4 menus for my family. I tell her to take this couple first cause they don't care where they sit, which the couple smiled that I gave them their chance to eat. Heather didn't like that we were changing plans on her and threw the menus back in the case and said, " I don't have time for this" as she left back to the porch. REALLY? We looked at each other like we couldn't believe she spoke to us like that. Now mind you, if the restaurant was swarming with costumes and there was her and one other waitress, I might be able to understand her actions. This was not the case. About another five minutes went by and another waitress seated us. I expected Heather needed a moment to gather herself and come see us with an apology...NOPE! Oh and the porch area... Three tables were taken with eight empty tables. Where was the fire that would cause her actions?? Our waitress for lunch was Shari and made up for the rude words and action. As we left Heather was there at the front speaking so sweet to the gals who just settled their bill. I waited for them to leave and asked for the names of the owners of this restaurant. She gave it to me like it was no big deal. I paused thinking her comes her apology. NOPE. So I tell her in my nicest voice that her service was horrible. Which she said" awesome!" With two thumbs up at me.
I don't know who Heather is to this restaurant, but shame on you for letting her feel she can't treat costumes this way. Shame on the Gateway!!

Visited November 2013
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Very average and overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Possibly the most expensive meal we had whilst in the U.S. It's in a lovely position and we were seated outside by the river but sadly that's where the pluses stop. This restaurant could be so much more if it only got the food right!! My seafood crepe was soggy and contained very little seafood and the salmon therein was very dry. My partner's steak was no more than very average which didn't match the price. We had hoped that this would be a memorable meal at the end of a lovely day in Sequoia, what a disappointment.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere