“Very average and overpriced” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 14 Restaurants in Three Rivers
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Very average and overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Possibly the most expensive meal we had whilst in the U.S. It's in a lovely position and we were seated outside by the river but sadly that's where the pluses stop. This restaurant could be so much more if it only got the food right!! My seafood crepe was soggy and contained very little seafood and the salmon therein was very dry. My partner's steak was no more than very average which didn't match the price. We had hoped that this would be a memorable meal at the end of a lovely day in Sequoia, what a disappointment.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Stay out!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Bad food, almost uneatable! And overpriced. Stay out! We had a boring sallad with 2 slices of tomato and 2 slices of cucumber and a strange soup that felt like prison food.

London, United Kingdom
“Save your money, don't go”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This restaurant pretends to be something it is not. It says it's fine dining, it isn't, plus it is totally over priced. My fish was not cooked properly. I have had food poisioning from undercooked fish before in the States and was not planning to have it again. The fish was sent back. There was no apology, nothing. Whilst I was waiting for my new meal to arrive, another server came to see how my Husband's meal was and didn't even comment on the fact that I had no plate in front of me which I thought was really odd. Surely you would wait unitl mine arrived and then check we were ok - go figure! This was our most expensive meal in 3 weeks of touring California and also the worst. Three Rivers is a tiny town there is not much choice for eating at all and I really think if this restaurant was in a busier place it wouldn't survive. It was really was not worth the price we paid for it, it was a big disappointment, I wish we had gone down the road to the take away pizza place.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chino, California
“Great Steaks and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I visited near the end of the season but this restaurant was still crowded on a Friday night (wedding party dinner) so we were not able to sit outside. Our server was attentive and our steaks (NY Strip and Ribeye) were tasty and well prepared. Our only drawback was the inside seating area was warm and stuffy, outside would have been better but oh well. We recommend the Gateway for those wanting to enjoy a nice dinner and drinks.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Exeter
“expensive, but close to the park”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Too expensive for the rooms and the restraint, nice place but they are a bit proud, to high priced!!!!!!!!

Visited July 2013