“ok” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Visalia, California
“ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Great view and service was good. Food was okay but pretty pricey for what it entailed. Not a bad way to end a trip to the park though

Visited April 2012

51% Recommend
“Seriously overpriced for the amount of money they charge!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

The service was ok, our waiter was friendly. We had calamari for starter and those were ok. For the main course we had ribs and they were quite over cooked and dry. Ingredients and presentation was below average.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rye, United Kingdom
“Extremely welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Whilst driving towards the Sequoia National Park, I saw this restaurant after passing though the town of Three Rivers. I was tired and hungry so I decided to have a rest and have someting to eat. The owner greeted my at the entrance as if I was his long lost brother. He set me at ease and presented me with a wonderful menu of fine cusine. The food was excellent and the waiter and waitress were really kind and helpful. Even though I ate alone, I felt as if everyone in the restaurant were my friends. The place was clean and plenty of room between the tables. I have since returned to The Gateway because of the happy and warm feeling I experienced before. I can highly recommend The Gateway and you can tell them that Mustang Mike from the UK told you so.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Once was enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed in a motel next door for three nights. We ate here the first night because it was close and the menu looked interesting. Million dollar view, very good wait staff, average food, overpriced, drove the 12 miles round trip into Three Rivers the other two nights. What more can I say!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bakersfield, California
“What a gem !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I would highly recommend the Gateway Restaurant and Lodge for a wonderful dining experience. Even though prices are slightly high but..because of the location, one can truly understand. Everything was top notch.. the food and the service ! The Clam Chowder was delicious as well as the Marsala Pasta. The service was professional ! Thank you Devin for taking such good care of us ! This restaurant is a 5 stars in my book and a definitely must !

Visited November 2012