“Beware--worst hotel EVER!! Unclean and unfriendly.” 1 of 5 stars

Sierra Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   43175 Sierra Drive, Hwy 198, Three Rivers, CA 93291   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Three Rivers
Philadelphia
“Beware--worst hotel EVER!! Unclean and unfriendly.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

we reserved our room weeks in advance, showed up late (12am) to find cobwebs all around ceiling, wad of hair in drain of tub and around rim, and dirt smudges around bathroom; and a 1/8" thick coating of dust on window shades and some surfaces.

Asked manager who said he hadn't seen the room before checking us in to take a look for himself--as if out of a SNL skit (Bag O Glass), he said all this stuff was normal/nothing to be bothered about and "little stuff," Then, he SWORE in front of my kids and laughed as he asked me if we wanted to leave (at midnight on a sunday in Three Rivers!). After convincing him not to throw my kids and us out in the middle of the night when there no other sleeping alternative, we endured an infestation of beetles and some unidentified biting bugs.

Bad businessman, bad hotel, unclean and unfriendly. I travel extensively and have stayed in 1 star and 5 stars, and never have encountered a place as bad as this.

I talked to another guest when leaving the next morning and they said they had to put up with an unclean room too.

No matter what the cost, find another option when visiting Sequoia.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This appears to be a former location of national chain...part of the logo is still on the sign. The carpet was dirty, the bath fan didn't work and the whole bath was very worn and stained. And the windows hadn't been cleaned in...forever.

We let housekeeping make up the room two of our three days there but they only changed the towels and made the bed. We watched dust pile up (yes I mean pile) on the night stand.

The only reason I give a "2" is because the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Toilet had urine stains, bed sheets were dirty, shower floor was dirty too, cleaner left dirty towels in the shower - don't do this to yourself, this place is atrocious.

We ended up not accepting the room, asked for a full refund, and went somewhere else.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Staff was great, room was good. has a nice pool, also the continental breakfast was good. the location is near town and the park entrance
We would stay there again. it's a simple basic one night stay hotel.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
Blackpool, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed one night on our way to Sequoia national park. Friendly check in with games and books at reception. Room was fairly large with a separate area with fridge, tea and coffee maker and small hanging space. Bedding was clean (had extra blanket if needed) and bed was comfy. Towels and toiletries in bathroom. Room was opposite pool and we asked for pool towels and were given 2 very well worn towels! Didn't end up in pool as it was a little dirty. On a main road but we didn't hear any noise.
Not a lot in Three Rivers to choose from. Nothing in walking distance to eat had to use car. Breakfast was included in rate but we didn't eat as we got up and went into national park early in morning.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Bloomville, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2015

I thought I was Happy to find a Room near the Sequoia National Park but for the Price and the Filthiness I might as well slept in my Car! $148.00. The Rug was so dirty and smelly! I had to put my shoes back on because it left my socks BLACK with dirt! The bathroom shower was very small.. There were lead cords all over the place.. The WFI barely worked and I gave up on it.. The Room smelled.. I wanted to heat up some food and to my surprise I had to RENT a Micowave.. Breakfast starts at 8 AM and that is Late for many.. And to top it off I was really upset when I went to flush the toilet on the back it has a sign saying $100 would be charged to my credit card if they found anything but toilet paper.. I wouldn't put anything else in the toilet and how would they ever know ( if there was something else in there) Who in the heck put it there!! There were more then just me at this hotel and what if it was someone before me or after me that put something in it!

Room Tip: My Tip is to go elsewhere
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Gloucester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2015

We stayed three nights to see the Squoias and could not fault the service. We probably would have moved after I got out of the shower on the first evening and had to wash my feet again just from walking across the bedroom floor - they were black!
The pool looked clean and the communal areas were too. Perhaps we just had bad luck.

Room Tip: Perhaps their VIP suite would be better?
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled with friends
#2 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
4.0 of 5 stars 230 reviews
Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon
Western Holiday Lodge Three Rivers

Been to Sierra Lodge? Share your experiences!