“Wear Good Boots!” 4 of 5 stars

Jacksonville, Florida
10 attraction reviews
“Wear Good Boots!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This trail starts out gently enough, only to end with a climb up a "trail" literally blasted out of the rock. It definitely requires stepping carefully, especially if you're not wearing good hiking boots.

The falls themselves are pretty with just.a little water flowing. I'm sure they're quite impressive when there's more water.

You may well see others climbing beyond the trail. There are signs warning that it isn't safe, and I don't recommend it. I'm pretty adventuresome, and I thought it better to stay on the trail.

Also, there's a too-friendly marmot living near the end of the trail. He will attempt to get into your stuff, if you leave it for even a moment.

Los Angeles
14 attraction reviews
“Pretty hike”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We started on the trail and it was beautiful trail along the river and after 1/8 of a mile, my daughter wanted to go play in the river like others were doing so we skipped the falls and dipped our toes in the water. From those who were coming down told us that at the end it's all uphill and gravel. There was a little bit of water in the fall. We went at the end of the June so wouldn't expect too much.

“Wildlife”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

While the trail starts at the busy campsite, it quickly gave way to a quiet easy pace trail on which we were able to see a Marmot, a mama bear and her cubs, several chipmunks, squirrels, and a myriad of birds!

Van Buren, Missouri
4 attraction reviews
“Beautiful hike along the river”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Well worth the hike to see the falls. Lots of wild flowers and scenic views of the river. NPS rates this as an easy hike. I would rate it as moderate due to incline and one section requires navigating over large rocks. Easy for a fit person, but we saw folks early in the hike that I seriously doubted would be able to make through the rocky section to the falls.

Visited May 2014
“Tokopah Trail at Sequoia National Park.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

And I think to myself...What a wonderful world:) We had an amazing time. What an Adventure to visit this place. My family enjoy the scenery...gorgeous!!! Highlight was the hike to Tokopah Trail to see the waterfall. We arrived at 9:30 am, in the parking lot my daugther said, Mom! There is something furry out there. And it was a young Black Bear! Tokopah Fall was amazing. On our way back, we met another two Black Bears on our trail. We had to back track our steps and watch ad this two bears walk on our trail. After ten minutes, we did a detour to give the bear space to explore. What a great experience for my two kids to see this place. A Real Beautiful Nature. Thanks, RML

Visited: May 25, 2014