“We saw a black bear, 2 brown bears with cubs and 5 deer!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Keswick, Ontario, Canada
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“We saw a black bear, 2 brown bears with cubs and 5 deer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

This was an amazing hike! The best hike I have ever done for wildlife! We saw a black bear that was about 60feet off the trail, we watched and took pictures and he didn't even care. As we continued along we saw a brown bear with a cub strolling through the forest about the same distance away. There was a family of deer, females and males with the big horns about 20 feet off the path who didn't really care we were there taking pictures of them. Then we saw another brown bear and 2 cubs near the falls. It was an amazing experience. However, when we got to the falls. It was just a trickle of water. I highly recommended going early in the morning, we left around 7am and that's when the wildlife is out. If you want to see the falls you would have to go a different time of year. For me the wildlife more then made up for the missing falls!

Visited September 2013

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“easy hike, beautiful falls!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

It's not often you can find an easy hike that leads to such a beautiful view of falls. It's pretty heavily trafficked, so if you like to be a lone hiker not for you. But if you want to see beautiful rushing water for easy, do this. There's a nice pool at the top you can wade in, too. It took us 3 hours total with a long visit at the top.

Visited June 2013
N. Ft. Myers, FL
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Best part of our trip.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This hiking path starts within a campground and was pretty crowded by my standards. We saw a mama bear and her twins on one side of the path as we went towards the falls and then on the other as we retuned. We saw a young buck, a family of marmots and lots of birds. The hike was relatively easy even for our 7yo. We took plenty of water and a reserve 64oz. and drank all of it on this hot July day. There was rumor of hiking poles and equipment being stolen so we kept a watchful eye on ours. I admit we were violators and did climb on the rocks over to the falls. My 13yo did slip and fell on his bottom in the falls but didn't get hurt. We watched several guys diving from the ledge above the pool into the water and although my kids begged me mercilessly I did not let them do that. The water was very refreshing on that hot day! I saw a guy filling up his water containers but without being familiar with the area and no steripen I wouldn't chance it.
The falls were small due to the drought but they were the perfect size for us that day. I highly recommend!

You can purchase picnic items at the Lodgepole store before heading back but be sure to use a bear vault of some kind in your pack. Do not leave scented items or food in your car there are "extra" bear boxes in the parking lot. The rocks near the end of the hike to the falls can be treacherous but you can still view the falls without clambering over the rocks. This hike, although easy is not for strollers.

Visited July 2013
San Diego, California
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 199 helpful votes
“Another trip to this great hike-this time in the summer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I returned on this hike after 3 years. This time my trip was in summer-the waterfall was not quite as powerful, but it was still beautiful. This time instead of seeing a coyote and marmots, we saw marmots, lizards, deer, and pheasants. This hike is good for families, but it can get crowded because it's right off of Lodgepole campground. It is slightly uphill on the way to the waterfall...but it's mostly a level hike. It's ~1.7ish miles to the waterfall. We took stops at the creek on the way there. Water was so refreshing. I highly recommend this hike. Lodgepole campground has restrooms and a stop for the shuttle.

Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“If you go down into the woods today.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our first hike after arriving at Sequoia and just a few minutes along the trail we spotted a bear snacking on the opposite side of the river. We had to stop for a while to watch him and take a few photos. The hike itself is pretty good and the falls when you get there worth looking at. Not too busy which was nice compared to some of the main sights at sequoia

Visited May 2013