Spent three nights here in Cabin 9 as a base camp for exploring Sequoia National Park. I found it to be clean and comfortable and they let us have our two small dogs. It's a large cabin with a loft upstairs that had two twins and a queen bed. Downstairs had a full kitchen, bathroom with shower, Satellite TV, pub table, two recliners and a queen bed. There was a huge deck outside with plenty of chairs and a BBQ that over looked the river. It was a bit chilly so we didn't much time outside.
The path leading to the cabin was not easily accessible for someone who might have trouble getting around. When we arrived it was rainy, muddy and dark. Made for a challenge to unload as we had to park a little ways away and carry our stuff in. The cabin looked to be recently updated. Everything seemed new. The water from sink is not for drinking or cooking without some filtration as it comes from the river. There was a sign that said drinking water was provided, but I didn't see any, and I had my own so I didn't pursue it with the manager. If you intend to cook you might want to bring your own kitchenware. There were only a few small pots in the house, nothing for in the oven. Plenty of silverware and knives, plates, three mugs, glasses and plastic cups. I'm sure if I had asked the manager I could have borrowed more cookware from another cabin, but I didn't really want to cook! We got a pizza from in town that was good, and BBQ one night. There was hot water at all the sinks, but the shower was barely warm. As you can see, I wasn't in complaint mode so I also let this one go.
Everyone I dealt with was very friendly. The grounds are full of interesting artifacts. I don't think I'd let a small child run around out there. There is a lot of random stuff scattered around the property. There was wifi but it didn't extend as far as Cabin 9 so we had to walk up by the office to get a signal. No cell phone signal at all in this town. We were cut off and it was kind of nice!
There was nothing really unpleasant about our stay. I'd give more stars if the water was hotter, and there was a bit more cookware. They get points for everything being new, no bad smells and it was very clean. I can't speak as to the condition of the other cabins, but I would definitely stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Riverfront Cabins Kaweah General Store Hotel
- Riverfront Cabins Kaweah General Store Hotel Three Rivers
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabins are located in Three Rivers, about 5 miles from southern entrance of Sequoia NP. All cabins are located by the river, private access to the river and backyard. Outdoor seating ares and BBQ grills are available. Great for fishing and relaxing.Featuring: private bath, TV, A/C, heater, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, WiFi. Some cabins feature full kitchen. Some do have a balcony, facing the river. Accommodating up to 10 persons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your RiverFront Cabins Kaweah General Store reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.