Stayed here as it was near Sequoia National Park. A bit pricey if you compare to your standard city hotel. Old school check in with a piece of paper and a real key. Nobody was there at checkout so we used the drop box.
This review is for Room 5 only, not attached to the main motel. The office is attached to the main motel. It took us a minute to find it as the sign is small.
The Good: This room is essentially a large studio cottage. Good room for 3. Full kitchen. The was a pull down full size bed, so this would be good for a family of 4 max with small kids. A couple of sitting chairs next to a wood burning stove. The A/C did a great job in 100 degree weather. You own parking space right next to the unit and a small porch. Decent free Wifi.
The Bad: We had an ant problem. The TV is old and had poor reception (not a big deal as we were there for the Sequoia's. I didn't see a phone in the room, but I didn't loo either. The bathroom sink is a bit small with no real counter space. Pool is small. The slow drive into the park to see the big trees is about an hour of really windy road. You may want to double check the north entrance if you are coming from Northern CA.
- Also Known As:
- Sequoia Motel In 3 Rivers
- Sequoia Motel In Three Rivers Hotel
- Sequoia Motel In Three Rivers Hotel Three Rivers
- Sequoia Hotel Three Rivers
- Sequoia Motel Three Rivers
- Sequoia Motel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming combination of motel rooms and cabins. Just 4 miles form the gate of Sequoia Park. Come relax and enjoy the flower gardens and swimming pool after a great day of exploring Three Rivers and Sequoia Kings Canyon National Park. Tom and Chris make every effort to make your stay a memorable one. Sequoia Motel is featured in the French travel guidebook 'Le Guide du Routard'. ... more less