“Very good burgers!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Baltimore area, MD
“Very good burgers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We ate here on the recommendation of the staff at our hotel. We had planned to eat at Cider Mill Restaurant - luckily we asked about it, because we were informed it had burned down! She recommended this place for its burgers.

We arrived at River View around 8 PM on an October evening. The room we walked into had a bar and pool table on the left-hand side, and restaurant seating on the right side. The bartender was playing pool and when my husband asked about the score of the baseball game playing on the TV, told us and then asked who we were rooting for. When my husband told him, obviously it was the wrong answer (neither team was a CA team) because the guy said, "oh, we're closed!" and then laughed uproariously like it was the funniest thing ever said. After we were seated, I could hear the bartender tell his fellow pool players at least 3 times "I told him we were closed!" and laughing anew each time. So my first impression was that of an obnoxious bartender. Luckily things improved from there.

The restaurant was less than 1/2 full when we ate there. The waitress was very nice and answered all our questions about the food offerings intelligently. We both did decide to get burgers - I got a cheeseburger and my husband got one of the specialty burgers. We were both EXTREMELY pleased with our burgers and commented on how good they were.

The place was clean and neat while we were there. We ate indoors; it was dark out, so I couldn't see the river view others have mentioned.

The waitress was attentive, refilling my husband's water glass as needed, and processing our payment quickly and correctly.

If we are ever in the area again, we would return and eat here again; I just hope a different bartender is on duty.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Woodlake, California
“Three Rivers 'local' hangout! Relaxed atmosphere...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We eat here about once or twice a month. They have something for everyone on their menu....from grilled cheese to prime rib or a rack of ribs!! They're open for Lunch & Dinner. They're breads & buns are all homemade & are fantastic! Best burgers in town!! Great appetizers too...Beer battered onion rings, fried mushrooms, fried zuchinni....makes my mouth water just thinking about it! They also have a full bar, pool tables, live music on the weekends, and even a karaoke nite!! When the weather is good you can enjoy your meal on the outside covered patio right on the Kaweah river! Amazing view! The inside dining room is surrounded by floor to ceiling windows so when it's too cold or too hot to sit on the patio you can still enjoy the amazing view! The only downside is the service can be slow at times but it's because they get so busy...so be patient..it's totally worth it! Another must visit when in Three Rivers!

Visited October 2012
Lindsay, California
“Drink on the river”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Like I said, drink on the river. Last time was a group of good friends drinking on the river. I think we had food, too.

Visited December 2011
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Lunch and dinner, day and night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stopped in for lunch before heading into the park. Service was pleasant, food was good and the view was spectacular from the patio overlooking the river. The music playing was pleasant and the overall experience was great.

Not sure what happened when we returned for dinner. Service was slow, the wait staff was extremely disorganized and the place wasn't even full. The same patio where we had a great lunch was now noisy and actually quite stressful. Our soup and salad took 45 minutes and it was almost that long to get a tea refill! After lunch, we had planned on recommending to friends but now, not so sure.

My review score balances the great lunch with the terrible dinner.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dunfermline
“Close to Comfort Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The restaurant was OK and price reasonable - given the lack of restaurants in Three Rivers it is a good choice and it is near the comfort inn

Visited September 2012