“"I blame the management"” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 14 Restaurants in Three Rivers
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Phoenix, Arizona
“"I blame the management"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

On the night that we arrived, they were out of chips and salsa...what?!? With deep disappointment engulfing me, I asked my wife, "How can a Mexican restaurant run out of chips and salsa?" She quickly ordered half a carafe of wine thinking that would appease me until the food arrived. It would have, had the food (two tacos and an enchilada with rice and beans) not appeared until 1 hour and 15 minutes later. My two tacos arrived with rice and beans, which I assumed was comped since we waited until 10 p.m. to eat. When the bill came, I noticed that I was charged for a combination plate. That was not going to fly. I requested to speak with the manager, who refused to attend to us.She simply kept running our poor waitress back and forth over the course of 10 minutes to tell me that I shouldn't have eaten the rice and beans. Finally, the manager came to the table with a poor attitude and proceeded to challenge me about not sending the plate back, because it had rice and beans on it. She displayed zero grace and humility. Any manager with half a skill set, would have visited each table and prepared the diners for the obscene wait time. In addition,she would not have tried to belittle the waitress (who wrote the order down wrong- understandable for as hard as she was being worked) and the customer over a scoop of rice and beans. After much back and forth deliberation and a moment of silence where you literally could hear crickets chirping, she told the sweet mortified waitress to discount the ticket, turned, and walked away without saying another word. I would like to add that our waitress was great. In fact, she should be the manager!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver, Washington
“OK but not worth the long wait”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We got a great parking place and a great table right away. Drinks and Chips with really good salsa arrived alomst right away. So far great. What killed is that we waited an hour for a very simple dinner ( a burrito for me, two enchiladas for him) By the time we finally got our dinner the bloom was off the rose.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“opened late!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Luckily that place stays opened late, because in the early season it's hard to find a place serving food after 8pm.. It was nice to be outdoors and the food is good. There was a musician playing acoustic guitar which was definitely a plus. Nice and patient staff as well

Akron, OH
“Great Food, No Real Competition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Great staff, great service, great food.

Lucky for us, because there really aren't many options in Three Rivers other than a pizza joint and a couple little places that weren't open much.

But the food is great. Prices are fair. And the beer is cold.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended - our best meal yet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

What can i say - but what a gem of a place! Wandered over here from the Comfort Inn & Suites on the recommendation of the hotel staff.

Sat outside, surrounded by people, enjoying a local musician singing and playing guitar.

Being on a gluten free diet, typically Mexican food is good for me to eat and safe. Spoke to the knowledgeable waitress and she pointed me to the things that were safe for me to eat.

We had some of the best enchiladas ever here, in pleasant company and for so little money, could not believe it compared to other to other places we'd eaten in. A hidden gem of a restaurant and we were sad to leave it behind.

It was very busy and popular which is always a great sign, especially when you see the locals eating there too.

Highly recommended