The title of this review was my wife's comment on about the second day of our stay at this great little place.
We stayed for 3 nights in mid Sept 2013. It doesn't look much from the outside to be honest - but as they say appearances can be deceptive. Quirky is a description others have used - and I'd agree with that.
The attention to detail in the rooms is outstanding - it really is as close to being @ home away from home as we've ever experienced on our travels.
The riverside setting is idyllic -beaches/a fire or two at night/a barbeque if you want one/ loads of places to just sit and contemplate/drink a glass or two of wine and watch the sun set. It is a perfect base for visiting nearby Sequoia and Kings Canyon NPs. There are enough places to eat well within easy range and a good market close by. Visalia is only a 25 min drive away if you need more in the way of shopping.
Could not fault this one at all - if you are in the area - I'd say try and stay here.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Sierra Riverhouse Hotel Three Rivers
- Rio Sierra Riverhouse Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rio Sierra Riverhouse is a landmark riverfront property in California's Sierra foothills. We're located located 6 miles from Sequoia National Park. Five comfortable rental units are each furnished with refrigerator, coffeemaker, microwave, TV, telephone, and wireless internet access.Outside, guests enjoy access to a scenic river beach and, in summer, the town's locally famous swimming hole, known as Slicky.Pull up a beach chair. Hang out in a cabana.Come Stay on the River. Let Nature Do the Rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Rio Sierra Riverhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.