“Great Sunday Brunch and beautiful views!” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Lodge   |   45978 Sierra Drive, Three Rivers, CA 93271   |
Offers & Announcements
Guest Discount
Visalia, CA
“Great Sunday Brunch and beautiful views!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I decided to ride up to Three Rivers for breakfast from Visalia. Really glad we did... Found the Gateway Restaurant open at about 9:30 for their Champagne Sunday Brunch. Food was great with substantial portions. All the Champagne you want with very attentive waitresses. We sat outside on the huge side porch overlooking the river. We want to go back next weekend!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This establishment and the Buckeye Tree Lodge next door, where we are staying, are situated very near the entrance to Sequoia National Park. After a day of seeing mammouth trees and the awesome vistas of King's Canyon then driving s-curves that would challenge Parnelli Jones, we realized most of the restaurants are farther along Sierra Drive. We had several options in mind when we realized Gateway was within footsteps. The parking lot was full and we thought it must be good. We felt committed by the time we were sitting with menus in hand, sipping water. When it became clear that the only plate for less than $20 would be a sandwich, it seemed too late to walk out. The meals were good, but we spent far more than planned. The ribeye steak special ($32.95) was cooked expertly and seasoned nicely. The panko-crusted shrimp ($23.95) was flavorful and nicely prepared. Each entree' was accompanied by a very large plate of salad, a dinner roll, sautéed zucchini and pineapple wedge garnish. All were delicious, the servers pleasant and helpful. Had we intended the expense, the experience would have been delightful. In fact, it was. It is just that our credo is living beneath our means, splurging for special occasions. There is plenty left over for a second meal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tulare, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My daughter & I drove up to Three Rivers for your Sunday brunch. It was absolutely beautiful!! I had the Eggs Sardou. The scalloped potatoes that came with it were supurb! Our waiter was the best. He was so attentive...My daughter had the bacon & eggs. Her eggs were done just the way she wanted them. The bacon was very good ( it's sometimes hard to get good bacon) The coffee was the very best!!!! We would recommend this as a must for a Sunday outing....Thank you so much!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Our room was so-so. This is a very old motel with little updating. The shutters on our windows would not stay shut and one had tape over it to hold the slats shut. The bathroom was ok but the entry to the shower had broken tiles. The bulbs were burned out in two lamps. The TV and Direct TV units were not plugged in. The cleaning people only changed the towels and emptied the trash can. The only positive is it is about 1/4 mile from the Sequioa Park entrance.

There is a restaurant at the motel. The food was very good and the view of the river was great; but the prices were very high; a bottle of Negra Modelo beer was $6.50, I can buy a six pack for $8.00. The dinner prices are from 15.00 - 30.00+; the 15.00 is for a hamburger.

Looking at the other motels in the area, they don't look much better. We thought Three Rivers would be a cool little city but it is about a five mile stretch of an occassional store here and there; not much going for it considering it is just outside one of the best National Parks in the US.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

I have read the reviews of this place after I made a reservation. I found the staff to be very nice and my room was nice and clean. We stayed in room number one and the bed was very comfy. For the price, what are peeps expecting? Yes.. the place may be slightly dated, but the room was great for my needs. I would definatly stay again, I also ate at the restraunt, again, prices were elevated by a couple of bucks, yet my burger was tasty, fesh and hit the spot, after a long day this establishment met my needs. I will say no cell phone service but the staff were more than accomodating in letting us use thier house phone.

• Stayed August 2010
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

After reading the reviews I'm so glad I stayed at the Buckeye Tree Lodge next door. My daughter & I did have a take-out chicken Ceasar salad from the Gateway resaurant for $15.00 each, but were disappointed. First I thought the price was a bit high, but what little dressing was put on was very, very weak to the point that you could barely taste the flavor. I used some extra Parmesan cheese packets, left over from a pizza restaurant down the road, and tried to improve the salad taste with little sucess. My daughter threw her salad away. If it wasn't for the fact that I would have had to walk back to the restaurant after settling in for the night, I would have returned the food. The dressing was so weak it made me wonder if was watered down on purpose because I had Ceasar dressing & my daughter had Ranch & both were very lacking. I would not eat there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Mesa, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

This was the most disgustingly dirty hotel I have ever stayed in. The carpet was filthy, the bedskirts torn and tattered, we killed 3 spiders in the bathroom, and another one jumped on me in my bed! I had to pull the mattress back to reach an electrical outlet and the carpet there was thick with debris - obviously not touched in years. I will never stay there again, and would not recommend that ANYONE ever stay there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Gateway Restaurant and Lodge? Share your experiences!