“winter getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cort Cottage Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Three Rivers
Cort Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Cort Cottage Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
44141 Skyline Drive, Three Rivers, CA 93271   |
Ranked #7 of 10 Three Rivers B&B and Inns
Orange, CA
“winter getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

Cort cottage was lovely, the perfect setting for the getaway I planned. I booked the cottage above any other 3 rivers destinations because of the front window I saw in the photos. The view up into a distant canyon of the Sierras was breathtaking. The cottage has the warmth of home and the novelty of a destination. I spent one night eating pizza from The Pizza Factory and watching movies from Chumps, the perfect way to end the day after exploring the park. I hope to incorporate this cottage into my future visits to the park.

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
halifax novas scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

Cort Cottage is an undiscovered treasure, superior in my view to many of the area's alternatives. Cozy and well equipped, my adult son and I thoroughly enjoyed our weekend visit. Each morning we were greeted by the sun rising quickly over the mountain setting, which we soaked in drinking coffee at our leisure at the patio table. It was the perfect launch pad for exploring the natural beauty of Sequoia National Park – indeed a national treasure! After a day in the park, our evenings were relaxing and fulfilled, as we could prepare our own dinner and unwind in the comfort and privacy of this character filled abode. My only regret is that my wife was not able to join us that weekend, and having to later explain the grandeur of the setting and the wonderful attributes of the cottage that she would have enjoyed so much. Needless to say – she’ll definitely be coming next time!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Maryland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

My husband and I booked the Cort Cottage for 3 nights to visit Sequoia National Park. We were frustrated with the low reviews of the National Park Lodging, so we started looking for alternatives. The Cort Cottage was perfect for us! It was located 4 miles from the front gate of Sequoia National Park. The cottage itself is a one bedroom cottage located next to the house of Elsah Cort. We were delighted to find that the cottage was spacious for our needs. It contained a living room with large TV and DVD player, a kitchen with a kitchen table/chairs, microwave, fridge, oven, sink and coffee pot, a bedroom with a queen sized bed, and a bathroom with a toilet, shower and sink. Since we are newlyweds, we were happy to have a quiet place away from the hustle and bustle of the tourists.

Our view from the living room of the mountains was amazing! We could even see as far away as Moro Rock in Sequoia Park. There was a small deck outside with 2 chairs and a covered umbrella and a table so we could enjoy the view. As we sat outside, a family of wild turkeys strolled by 10 feet from us! How cool!

When we arrived at the cottage, we were happy to find the kitchen stocked with breakfast foods: english muffins, bagels, cinnamon bread, cereal, oatmeal, eggs, grapefruit, strawberries, juice, milk, jam, coffee and tea. This was more than enough to feed us for three mornings. This was so convenient because we didn't have to drive into town for breakfast and could head directly to the park. We took Elsah's suggestion and stopped in one of the big cities along the way to get some dinner and lunch foods. We cooked at the cottage all three nights and saved a lot of money. It was nice to have some home cooked meals after 8 days on the road. We packed our lunches for the park as well.

We had fast internet service for the laptop that we brought with us, and quiet evenings to rest up from our days of hiking.

Elsah greeted us when we arrived and when we checked out. Other than that, we could reach her by telephone or by knocking on her front door. Since she had everything clearly outlined for us, we didn't need to call upon her during our stay.

In the cottage we found many journals of positive reviews from the people who have stayed there over the last 24 years. We were surprised that none of them posted these glowing reviews on Tripadvisor.com until now! If my husband and I came back to Sequoia, we will definitely stay at Cort Cottage!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Cort Cottage Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!