“Lovely hideaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cort Cottage Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Three Rivers
Cort Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Cort Cottage Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
44141 Skyline Drive, Three Rivers, CA 93271   |
Ranked #7 of 10 Three Rivers B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Lovely hideaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband, almost 2 year old daughter and I stayed in this cozy, charming hideaway for 2 nights. We enjoyed being tucked away in the foothills of the Sequoias in a delightfully decorated cottage. The owner provides you with lots of delicious food for breakfast and there is a great hike right out your front door. Cable and wifi provided, beautiful views out of every window if you turn off the electronics. There is a pull out futon in the living room if you have children. Our daughter slept in the bedroom until we were ready to go to sleep. A/C works great on warm days. Great privacy, peaceful and quiet. Very close to entrance of Sequoia National Park, as well as Three Rivers restaurants and shops.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife and I scheduled a trip to Cort Cottage and Sequoia National Park with much anticipation. For the most part, we weren't disappointed. The cottage was quaint and cute, and it had some small touches that we really appreciated. We enjoyed the fruit, bagels, etc. stocked in the fridge as well as the tasty coffee. The view was beautiful and the proximity the the park was convenient.

That said, we returned from our second full day in the park tired from hiking and dusty from the trails. We needed to shower! And our daughter really needed to use the bathroom. Upon entering the cottage, we encountered a note. Long story short, the septic tank was backed up and we were only permitted to flush the toilet for "number twos" and only able to take short showers with a drain plug while standing in the rinse water. Apparently, the shower drain plug didn't work well enough, so only one of us was permitted a short shower. We left the park in the highest of spirits, but this completely soured the evening. In all fairness, the owner did attempt to fix this problem promptly and was able to fix it the following morning. However, when you pay $190+ (including tax) for a place, you have a reasonable expectation that the water will work the entire time, especially after a long day exploring nature. For compensation, we were offered only a late checkout. Not at all reasonable given the circumstances although the owner gave no indication that she thought otherwise.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
elsahcort, Owner at Cort Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
I am so sorry for the unforeseen plug that occurred in my septic line on the third night these guests were staying at the cottage. It happened on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend, and I was so grateful to get a good plumber to come to my Sierra foothill town that afternoon. The plumber was unable to completely open the plug, which was apparently caused by roots and some non-biodegradable objects that had been flushed into the system and had become trapped. Living with septic system does require a different approach from urban plumbing, and I do have a notice in the cottage bathroom to be careful with flushing certain items. This summer was quite busy for me, with many families and children staying in the cottage, and something or things were flushed that unfortunately turned into a plug on that particular Sunday.

Had this not occurred on Labor Day weekend, when all the motels in town were already booked full, I could have tried to find another location for my guests if they had wanted it. But, when the plumbers said that some flushing and shorter showers could still happen, I thought that it could be okay for just one evening. I did not shower or flush myself for that entire time.

When these guests took the first shower that evening, I saw that it was not draining quickly enough, as the back up was coming into my downstairs bathroom shower and floor in the main house. I spoke to the wife, and asked her to wait an hour between showers to allow some of it to drain down the line. She told me that she would just wait and take her shower in the morning. I told her that was not really necessary, but she seemed just fine about it and said it would be no problem.

The plumbers returned in the morning with a larger snake machine and a special camera, and were able to penetrate the plugged area completely by 8 am.

I did tell my guests that they did not have to follow the check out time of 12 noon that Labor Day holiday, as this is what I do for all guests when I don’t have anyone checking in later in the day. It was not offered as compensation but just as my normal routine.

I am sorry for the inconvenience these guests experienced, but I did my very best to get it taken care of quickly. I do work hard to keep this little cottage of mine comfortable and functioning well.

A note to future guests: The day after these guests left, the plumbers returned, with shovels and a new new drain pipe. The drain pipe area that had roots in it was completely replaced. It was quite an adventure as a backhoe was needed to remove some very large rocks that were on top of the line. I now have a new rock wall below cottage deck and a well functioning, repaired septic line. I am so grateful and hope I will not have to deal with another unforeseen issue like this. But, I still have to be careful with what gets flushed into the septic system. Living in the country has taught me to be patient and take things as they come.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Ideally situated 45' from the forest of the giants. Good restaurants in Three Rivers. Cook you own breakfast but every thing is provided! Very comfortable, has everything you need - good wifi connection.

• Stayed August 2012
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We spent 3 nights at the Cort Cottage in late July for my birthday. It was very hot in Three Rivers, but the cottage has good A/C. It cooled significantly as the sun went down and we much enjoyed a glass of wine on the beautiful patio as we listened to the birds (also great for morning coffee). The cottage is located just outside an entrance to the fantastic Sequoia National Park and makes a great base for day trips. It is cozy and rustic, but with all the amenities (fully stocked kitchen, wifi, nice bathroom) necessary to keep it very comfortable. The dark, quiet nights made for very restful sleep. There are trails on BLM land just down the road that we enjoyed for morning walks. We are looking forward to returning to the Cort Cottage in winter or spring to see a different side of Sequoia!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
melbourne, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We spent 3 nights here in early June. Very comfortable and private accomodation with everything needed to enjoy the area. We spent 2 days at Sequoia and Kings Canyon and also hiked a few trails right from the cottage. Beautiful views and amazing stars at night. Nice having a full kitchen after weeks on the road. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

A very charming, private cottage at the end of a dead-end road with gorgeous views of the Sierra Mountains from the huge round-top window. It is approximately 3 miles to the entrance of Sequoia Park in one direction or the town of Three Rivers in the other direction. The cottage was very clean and came with everything one could require for a comfortable stay. All of the breakfast ingredients needed (eggs, cereal, various breads, fruit, coffee, tea, juice, butter) were waiting in the refrigerator for our 4 day stay. The owner lives next door and is available for assistance but was not at all intrusive. A sweet little patio made the views even more memorable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Tustin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We spent 5 nites at Cort Cottage and loved it all. Elsah handled the reservation process professionally and answered all of my questions. The cottage was easy to find, had a personal parking space and the fridge was fully stocked with breakfast items; the raisin bread was out of this world! The views out the window are even better than the pictures. The queen bed was very comfortable and there are lots of towels and linens. We really enjoyed the books on local sites and history. If you want lots of quiet, stars at nite and close proximity to the parks enterance this is the place to go!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cort Cottage Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!