“Everything we needed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cort Cottage Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Three Rivers
Cort Cottage Bed and Breakfast
44141 Skyline Drive, Three Rivers, CA 93271   |
Ranked #7 of 10 Three Rivers B&B and Inns
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“Everything we needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

A very charming, private cottage at the end of a dead-end road with gorgeous views of the Sierra Mountains from the huge round-top window. It is approximately 3 miles to the entrance of Sequoia Park in one direction or the town of Three Rivers in the other direction. The cottage was very clean and came with everything one could require for a comfortable stay. All of the breakfast ingredients needed (eggs, cereal, various breads, fruit, coffee, tea, juice, butter) were waiting in the refrigerator for our 4 day stay. The owner lives next door and is available for assistance but was not at all intrusive. A sweet little patio made the views even more memorable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Tustin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We spent 5 nites at Cort Cottage and loved it all. Elsah handled the reservation process professionally and answered all of my questions. The cottage was easy to find, had a personal parking space and the fridge was fully stocked with breakfast items; the raisin bread was out of this world! The views out the window are even better than the pictures. The queen bed was very comfortable and there are lots of towels and linens. We really enjoyed the books on local sites and history. If you want lots of quiet, stars at nite and close proximity to the parks enterance this is the place to go!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Olive Branch, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

What an excellent weekend. the Cottage has the three "q's" - quaint, quirky and QUIET! I arrived at dusk on Friday to find the fridge containing strawberries, bagels, raisin bread, eggs, juice, coffee, half-and-half, coffee and raisin bread. Elsah, the owner, let me know that the good restaurants were not open for the season, so I went to the local food market and bought veggies, skim milk, salad mix, dressing and cheese. the village market also had liquor, so I bought a Jim Beam fifth.
I enjoyed making my own breakfast and knowing I was under no schedule. I spent the entire Saturday at Seqouia and King;s Canyon parks. then came back to the Cottage for a dinner of salad and strawberries/yogurt.
Sunday I stayed late as Elash let me know no one was coming, so she said leave when I felt like it. I watched the Grizzlies game(they lost) the wwent hiking at Sequoia.
This cottage has it all. Your schedule, DISH TV, internet, full kitchen.If I ever come back to Three Rivers, this is the only place I will stay. Thanks for the weekend Elsah!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Our family of four (two adults and two young children) stayed at Cort Cottage in late March/early April for three nights. It is a small space, but used extremely efficiently. The cottage was fully stocked with everything we needed and we really enjoyed the food left for breakfast. I wouldn't say the restaurants in town were outstanding, so it was perfect to have a little kitchen to prepare our food instead. It is very private and quiet. The views are lovely and complimented by the flowers all around the deck/patio area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Our first visit to Sequoia/Kings Canyon and Cort Cottage was an ideal base for two days. Located just a few minutes drive from the park entrance, Cort Cottage was conveniently located, quiet, and well equipped. Everything we needed for a relaxing stay — nice sized rooms, very comfortable, and a beautiful view of the hills. Very pleased and would happily stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Lockport, Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

We spent 3 nights here while hiking Kings and Seqouia Canyons. Wonderful place to stay, nice and quiet, very private, and wonderful views! Every amenity one could need; shampoo, soaps, a cooler to use, cute little deck to sit out on and listen to the creek and birds, wonderful supplies for breakfast, we especially enjoyed the fruit and granola. It was like a little home away from home. We would stay here again in a minute!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Berlin, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband and I planned to visit Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Park for our vacation August 2011 for 8 nights. I pride myself on doing extensive research about accommodations in order to choose unique properties that provide a homey local feel. I couldn't have been more pleased with Cort Cottage! I was blown away by the view (as much as I could see in the dark) as we drove toward the town of Three Rivers and then by the little lights and the scent of herbs as we walked the path down to the cottage. It was everything I dreamed and more.
A few weeks before the trip, my adult daughter decided to join us and the cottage had a futon in the living area that suited her very well. As a matter of fact, she had the most gorgeous view from the living room window as she woke up!
Elsah, our innkeeper had left eggs, fresh fruit, muffins and cinnamon toast, butter, Langer's REAL fruit juice, coffee, oatmeal, healthy cereals, and I forget what else...wow! There were spices, plastic wrap and foil, oil, and other kinds of cooking necessities that are things we would have had to buy, but didn't have to... We love to prepare our own food most of the time, but also ate a couple of meals out. (Elsah gave us a great restaurant recommendation) Since we were there to hike, we were out early in the day and came back late. Elsah would have the air conditioning running upon our return and we even found our breakfast dishes done one day! Now that was over and beyond and I certainly would't expect that. She gave us the privacy we like on a get-away, although we had her phone number and could have knocked on her door at any time. She watered the flowers on the deck each day, but I never saw her do it...she was so respectful of our privacy. We truly felt like Cort Cottage was our home for the week! We are early risers and sat on the deck each morning watching the butterflies and hummingbirds stop by and we enjoyed the delicious scent of the herbs planted all around. We used the herbs in our cooking. What a delight! We alternated out strenuous hiking days with relaxing sight-seeing in the park and Elsah gave us a fantastic recommendation for a quiet, safe swimming hole near the park entrance. We were very careful at the river because the currents are very dangerous, but this spot was great for putting our feet in while reading a book on the rocks and listening to the nearby rushing water. On our last evening, we invited Elsah for dinner. What lovely company. The next morning we departed refreshed and rested and ready to go back to the hustle and bustle of the east coast. It was a wonderful vacation for all of us. The view is breathtaking!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Cort Cottage Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!