“Incredible Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Monument Inn & Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gering
Monument Inn & Suites
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hudson
“Incredible Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed at the Monument Inn and Suites while attending a conference in Gering. Across the street convenient plus a terrific (and varied) hot breakfast every morning. The staff understands the needs of business people who need to do their regular jobs while traveling and their wifi connection and convenient breakfast room became headquarters for some of us. The staff was outstanding in accommodating our needs. A special shout out to Front Office coordinator Melonie who was on the phone to me advising me of my leaving my new souvenir hat behind when I checked out. We made arrangements for mailing the forgotten hat and it almost beat me back to Wisconsin!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I enjoy this hotel most out of all the hotels of the U.S. I've stayed. I travel on business through out the U.S. and this hotel is truly my home away from home. Staff is very personable and genuine, you see the same cheerful faces every time you stay. Hot breakfast is exceptional, can't be beat. Great location, convenient for several nearby restaurants with in walking distance. New management is doing a phenomenal job. They have seasonal swimming also if you were to bring your family, they would enjoy.
Keep up the good work ladies and gentlemen.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Lincoln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have never had such a great experience as I did recently at the Monument Inn in Gering Nebraska. The staff went above and beyond anything that I have ever experienced.
They have such dedicated staff they were taking people to airports and other hotels that needed a ride! These staff members were technically not on the clock when they did that. Two people I want to particularly mention is Deanna (and her finance' who does not even work there).
I would guess that this type of courtesy and caring must start at the top and trickle down!
Well done.
Cat

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed one night at the Monument Inn and we were very pleased with our visit. The room is attractive with a full mirror for the back wall and appealing-looking beds. During a two-week sightseeing trip where we stayed at 12 different hotels, this was among our favorites. Even the outside was neat looking with an authentic covered wagon out front and a view of the distant buttes.

The beds were comfy, the room clean and the staff very friendly. The woman at the desk even made a phone call to a local store for me to see if they were open. There is a microwave and frig in the room. One drawback for some is that there is no elevator, but you should be able to request a first floor room so that would not be a problem.

The breakfast was very nice: hot scrambled eggs, ground beef mixture, hash browns, cereal, fruit, yogurt, bagels and various breads. All this and the price was only $70 plus tax for a two-queen bed room. This was among our lowest cost hotel rooms on the trip - as well as being one of our favorites. That's what I call a win-win situation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is a great place to stay while staying in the Gering/Scottsbluff area. Was in town for my cousin's wedding and reception was right across the parking lot from the convention center. Housekeeping was excellent and so was the breakfast in the morning. Very spacious rooms and comfortable beds! You cannot go wrong with booking a room here!

Room Tip: 2nd floor room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

It had been a few years since we stayed here and we were a little worried that the quality might have deteriorated, as so often happens. Not to worry! The Monument Inn (formerly the Microtel) has changed hands, but it has also been updated. Furniture was super-comfortable (although you might want to bring your own pillow). The complimentary breakfast was delicious, hot, and something new every day. The staff was friendly, and having a fridge and microwave in our room was just one more thing that contributed to our comfortable stay. The rooms also have plenty of drawer space. We'll be back!

Room Tip: We prefer the second floor, away from the ice machine!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I vsit my family frequently in scottsbluff i can assure u i will be going back again. It was a very pleasurable experience for me and my family and one we plan to enjoy again. The staff and the manager went beyond their duties to ensure our stay was comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Monument Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!