“Great food and atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Haverhill, Ma
“Great food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Unbelievable! We had a party of 8 and when we arrived for our reservation the table was waiting for us. When seated our waiter Chris came over and took our drink order and appetizers. we ordered the antipasto for 4, calamari and mussels. These all were very good but the antipasto stood out. One of the specials was a salmon over risotto and 2 were served, also the haddock was very well done. I had the veal ripeno and it had probably the tenderest veal I have outside of Italy. All the dishes served were enormous portions, especially the steak di Mare, a very nice sirloin with shrimp and potatoes.Dessert was shocking, 2 in the party ordered the fried dough balls with ice cream and drizzled with raspberry syrup. Three of us ate of one serving and there was still some left on the plate. I thought the price was very good for the quality and quantity of the food and service received. We will definitely be back!

Visited October 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“good local italian fare....family run”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

good and ample portions served by members of the family....very local flair in unpretentious location in a strip mall between convenience store and dunkin donuts.....large portions

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashua
“Italian Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The food here is good, but I still like their original location (also in a strip mall). Just my preference.

When you come don't expect to get a professional well trained wait staff. These are guys and gals that are probably family and\or friends that have been there for years and will be there for more. They are not that polished. It is part of the charm but I would have liked it better if they were more professional.

In any case, the food is good to great. The portions are generous and the price is reasonable.

What can I say. If I was local to the area I would probably eat there 2 times a week. With the left overs I can get an additional meal per visit.

Once you find the place it will be easy to get to. Just remember its across from the Police Department.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hillsborough, New Jersey
“As Good as Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have been to La Vita Mia on three separate occassions, and each time was as good as the first. Each meal, from appetizer to entry is made to order -- no pre-made food leaves the kitchen. So while you may wait a few extra minutes between courses, there is no doubt that it will be definitely worth the wait. The wait staff is very attentive without being "hovering." But make no doubt, while service and atmosphere is good, the food is OUTSTANDING and definitely is the star of this establishment. I could list the three different meals I had, but it would be pointless. Each time I was with a party of four, all ordering a different meal. Each time we spent hours raving about how good it was. . . I can't wait to visit again. and I WILL visit again and again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Willemstad, Curacao
“Italy on a plate.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great food. Greay staff. Great value. It can begreat for family friends or a romantic place to eat. The atmosphere although is geared for friends and family but the good is so wworth it. On the top ten to tweenty on the north shore and it beats out anything in east boston and is better than most in thr north end for food quality.

• Visited February 2013