Anyone who’s read any of my other reviews will know that I’m a fan of the big American hotel chains or the ‘American Travelodge’s’ as I like to call them and this hotel didn’t disappoint. The room was spacious with two queen sized beds, TV, fridge, wash basin with vanity mirror and bathroom with and over bath shower. The room was cleaned every day with fresh towels, toiletries and bed linen, there is also plenty of parking. The reception staff were very friendly and knowledgeable and helped us out with local information such as maps, directions etc. There was also a free coffee machine in the reception area – very nice French Vanilla coffee!
The street this hotel is on has lots of restaurants all along the street ranging from steak houses to Chinese (right next door – seemed very popular). There is also a large shopping mall about ¾ a mile down the road which has a large food court and lots of clothes shops as well as a large TJ Maxx and Sears.
To get to Boston was simple enough, the nearest subway station is about 6 miles away and has ample parking. The receptionist told us that they could also book you a cab to take you to the station which would cost about $10. From there the subway will take you right into the centre of Boston, I think it cost about $6 for two of us (return) and took about 20 minutes.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone who doesn’t want to pay the sky high prices of central Boston hotels and who doesn’t mind using a bit of local transport to get around!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 100% Non-Smoking Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan is Newly Renovated and a great place to relax after seeing Boston's sights- Newbury Street, Boston Commons, Fenway Park, Quincy Market, Boston Harbor, The Freedom Trail, The North End, Back Bay, The New England Aquarium, The Swan Boats, The Museum of Fine Arts, The Science Museum, Harvard University, M.I.T, Tufts University, as well as other famous universities, and so much more. If you are traveling on business, we are just miles away from The Hynes Convention Center, The World Trade Center, Boston's Financial District and Boston Convention and Exhibit Center. If you are here on leisure, catch a concert or see the world famous Boston Celtics or Boston Bruins at TD Garden in Boston or head over to Fenway Park and see the Red Sox! Boston has plenty of fun to offer and in the historic Theatre District you will find several live performances nightly at the Orpheum Theatre, Citi Performing Arts Center, The Charles Playhouse and many others. The Red Roof Inn in Saugus is only 5 miles away from Revere Beach, America's 1st Public Beach as well as Suffolk Downs where you can see exciting horse races most of the year. Don't feel like driving into Boston? Don't worry, we are just 5 miles away from Wonderland T Station (subway) where you can park all day for a very low rate and take a quick 15 minute train ride into the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Red Roof Inn, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, BookIt.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn - Boston Logan Hotel Saugus
- Red Roof Inn Boston Saugus
- Red Roof Inn Saugus
- Saugus Red Roof Inn