“nice place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Saugus
Saugus, Massachusetts
“nice place to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Very convienant to resteraunts and route1.
Talal was very friendly and helpfull at checkin.
Would stay there again if I were in the area.
With the upgraded rooms there is free calls in the US
and the rooms come with a king bed, micro and fridge.
The next generation Red Roof inns, are not like their
former selves.

Room Tip: rooms at the far end are quieter than those toward route 1
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear scott n,

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your comments. I am glad to hear the location and amenities met your needs and that you enjoyed the redesign that Red Roof Inn has implemented across the nation. Though we have added fridges, microwaves, new beds, flat screen TVs, all new furniture with a modern design, we still maintain the best value for dollar in the area. I am thrilled to hear Talal provided you exceptional service and I will be sure to share the comments with him as well as praise him for making a personal connection with our guests. Thanks and we hope to see you next time you travel to the area.

Saugus, MA 01906

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great help for marathon runners past weekend. Very supportive and comprehensive of the situation and did as much as possible to help my dad and me. Darvin took care of the situation and provided great help.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Ere13245,

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your experience. The incident that occured during the end of the Boston Marathon this year was one that was tolling on us all, very sad. The hotel was full of runners and spectators from around the world, and it was very depressing to watch all that was going on. We did all we could to provide support and nurture and I am glad to see it was recognized. Thanks again for sharing and we hope you return when you are back in Boston.

Belleville, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Tired of being held hostage by city hotels, I tried this place. Not disappointed! Great room, friendly staff and economical. Drove to Oak Grove to pickup Orange Line to Boston. Free WiFi
appreciated. Good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear FrancisButtworth,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to tell others about our property. We are close enough to Boston to make it simple to go to the city, but do not charge the city prices so you can spend more time enjoying Boston! I am glad the staff was friendly and you enjoyed your room, we appreciate the recommendation and hope you see you next time you travel to Boston.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Right when you walk through the door your greeted by a friendly staff! The prices are phenomenal!!! The rooms are Newly renovated and well Maintained! I felt right at home. When I come to visit Boston again, I'll already know where I'm staying! I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Jleach923,

Thanks for staying with us and allowing us to be your home away from home. I am so happy to hear you received friendly service the moment you walked in, and I will be sure to praise my staff as well as share these comments with them. We try so hard to offer the best value in this area without sacrifycing service or quality and am so pleased to see that was recognized. Thanks so much for your kind comments and we look forward to your future visit.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here 2 months after a flood in my home. I didn't expect much but needed a place where my dogs could stay with me. I was surprised to find such an outstanding staff. I travel frequently on business and often stay in 4 and 5 star hotels. The staff at Red Roof Saugus made my experience the best. Michelle, Jessica, and Talal at the front desk greeted me every morning and evening with a smile and a friendly good morning/evening. The maintenance staff and cleaning staff was responsive to my needs and always made sure i had clean linens and that my room was neat and clean. After a bad snowstorm, maintenance even went the extra mile to help me dig out my car from its parking space. The coffee was good and always available when I needed it. The only thing this hotel is lacking is a continental breakfast but its location is surrounded with restaurants and there is a delivery service that offers a good variety of items. I recommend this hotel to anyone where outtstanding service is most important.

Room Tip: I liked the first floor with the dogs for easy access to the outdoors to walk them and close to the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear disaster_pro,

Thanks so much for all the kind words and for being our guest. As you mentioned, we are pet friendly, however we are not a 4 - 5 Star hotel. Now, just because we aren't a 4 or 5 Star hotel, I am glad to read the service from our staff to you matched the service you are accustomed to receiving at these much more expensive locations. I will absolutely be praising my staff for going out of their way to make you feel welcome, comfortable, and important as this is our goal for each and every guest every day. I will be sharing this review with the entire team as well. We hope we can continue to offer the best value for the area with no lack in service and that you come back and see us again.

Westport, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

i stayed here this past tuesday night. the room was fine for the one night i was staying. there was only one issue, the staff member behind the desk (his name was Juan) was the most rude person I have ever encountered. I was sititng in the lobby texting on my phone and he proceeded to yell at me when i stood up saying i was not allowed to be there and accused me of harrassing other guests when I was doing no such thing. He also told me that i had to either go up to my room or stand outside that i was not allowed to sit in the lobby while there was a gentlemen stolling around the lobby with no shoes on for several hours and he did not say one word to him. for someone who works at a hotel I felt that was no sch way to treat a paying customer. when i tried to talk to him about it he continued to yell saying if i had a problem then to call this guy and gave me the managers business card. needless to say i WILL be contacting the manager explaining how poorly i was treated.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Chris A,

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your concerns. I am deeply sorry that your experience with us was not one that left you satisfied. For the comfort and security of all our guests we do have policies in place to help keep everyone protected as we want everyone to feel comfortable and at ease when staying with us. This past Tuesday we did have a group of celebrities staying with us and they were very adamant that they wanted their privacy. I am sorry for the manner in which this was handled and can assure it is not typical and will not be re-occurring. I also did want to thank you for the comment that you did enjoy your room, we greatly appreciate that. Please do contact me at any time and I would be happy to address your concerns in hopes that you return again soon.

BOSTON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed for almost a week at this place. There is nothing wrong with the room as such.
They have misled me in believing that this is a AIrport area hotel which it is not.
They claim it is only about 5 miles from Wonderland Station which it is not. It is about 8 miles or so since you have to drive couple of miles on Route1 and come back towards Airport.

As noted by other reviewer, unless you have your own transportation (even to get to the T station) this just is not the place to stay.
No complimentary breakfast, No laundry facility.No complimentary pick-up drop facility.
I would have been ok without all that. But the price?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear GARYZ25,

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I am glad to hear that there was nothing wrong with the hotel or the room. I do apologize if the location was not ideal for you. We are just 8 miles from Logan Airport and not far from the Subway, however it can be difficult to get around without a vehicle. We do have flat rates that are discounted with local taxi services to bring you to/from the Airport or Subway system. Our rates are typically the lowest in the area, we keep in mind the costs you may need for transporation and always try to offer the best posible value. Thanks again, and we hope that we can have the opportunity to serve your needs in the future.

Saugus, MA 01906

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan? Share your experiences!