“The best expireince ever” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   920 Broadway, Saugus, MA 01906   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Saugus
Chicago, Illinois
“The best expireince ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Me and my friend had a wonderful experience in this hotel. It was very close to Boston right off highway 1. Very close to mall and nice restaurants . We was in a very quiet room away from the elevator just as we requested. We booked this trip in advance and it was very memorable experience. The hotel had convenient parking . The only thing I missed was breakfast but that's OK.

Room Tip: TAlk to team member Michelle she know the area very well . And is very pleasent person to talk to.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Eugene L,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to review your stay. I am so glad the location was ideal for you and you enjoyed your stay with us. Also, thanks for the nice comments about Michelle, I will be sharing this review with her and know it will make her very happy! Thanks again and we hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Saugus, MA 01906

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
NEW JERSEY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The hotel was less than a half hour drive from the center of Boston and we got our rooms at a great rate. The only downfall was the lack of carpeting on the floors, allowing us to hear the people upstairs rolling their luggage (or the desk chair) around at 2am, every night! Bring ear plugs - just in case!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear WDWMOM,

Thanks so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to hear that overall this hotel met your needs, however am sorry that we were unable to exceed your expectations as that is always our goal. We have recently upgraded our rooms with flat screen TVs, new beds, wood flooring and more. The wood flooring to many guests has been enjoyed as we are pet friendly and doesn't hold odors the same way carpets do, however I do greatly appreciate your comments and will pass them along to our designers. Also, I did notice you mentioned to bring ear plugs, should you be sensitive to noise we do have them complimentary at our front desk. Thanks again for your comments and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Recently whikle in Boston during the Blizzard of 2013 and getting over 2 ft of snow we had the pleasure of staying at the Red Roof Inn Saugus, MA. Not a bad trip about 9 miles into the city; staff was extremely courteous and especially Darrin who assisted us in finding several good restaurants, removing snow from our vehicle and assisting us in staying an additional two nights. Would definitely recommend this hotel and Darrin!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear tjo_atlanta_ga_2011,

By your name I assume you are from Georgia... so we likely had a bit more snow than you may be accustomed to. I am glad that though somewhat of a hard situation here our staff went above and beyond your expectations and provided excellent service. We understand how difficult it can be to not know your surrounding, and even more so with 30 inches of snow around - I am glad Darvin helped you and when I showed him this review he was ecstatic, so thanks so much! We hope to see you here again soon, maybe next time in better weather :o) .

Hartsville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The condition of the hotel is great. All of the rooms have been reconditioned, with new furniture, wall coverings, bathrooms and fixtures. The rooms appear to be very clean and beds were comfortable. The hallways are very bright and welcoming. The staff is professional, but not necessarily friendly. There is no breakfast provided at this location. Coffee is available in the lobby. The hotel is easy enough to get into; however, it can be a little bit complicated to get out and back in (if staying for more than just one night.) The roads in the area are all access limited.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Mark R,

Thanks for staying with us and for leaving such a nice review. I am thrilled to read the condition of the hotel met your expectations and glad you enjoyed the newly renovated design. I would like to thank you for your mention of how professional our staff is, however do apologize if you didn't find them friendly and will share this with the team to make sure they understand the all guests need to perceive them as not only professional, but as a friend and someone they can rely on for whatever they may need. The location is on a divided highway - but we are here for you and happy to assist with maps and directions in any way we can. Thanks again and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Saugus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The bathroom needs a little bit of upgrade, in general the room was quite nice for the price. The service of that woman with a french name was awesome, it`s too bad i can`t remember her name. Thank u.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Derek C,

Thanks for staying with us and for posting this review. I am glad you received excellent service and you felt the room was nice and we offered great value. I am sorry however if you weren't satisfied with the bathroom remodeling. Since you were a little vague in describing what you weren't happy with, do feel free to reach out to me with your concerns and I will be happy to assist. Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Mayfield Heights, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This Red Roof is one of the unique units for a chain that is primarily motels. Exterior and interior updated, newer furniture, decent mattress, multiple pillows, flat screen TV, work desk that is more than just a table. Three negatives location, literally on a busy divided highway, US 1, the remodeled sink and no amenities other than coffee and a free package of tissues. Getting out of this hotel is a little dicey and not for the timid driver as you are merging into moving traffic coming out of the property, miss the entrance and you need to go down an exit, u-turn and travel back to the previous exit to u-turn and try again. The sink is aesthetically cool looking but is a large square sitting on top of the counter making a simple act like washing your face a task unless you're over 6' tall. But the positives outweighed the negatives for this business traveler, I will definitely try to stay here again on my next trip to the Boston area. There are many restaurant options close by no matter which way you go on the highway. Note: request a room towards the back of the property again the Hotel is on Rt. 1.

Room Tip: Request a room towards the back of the hotel away from the highway, much quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear chainboss,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am thrilled to read that our newly renovated hotel exceeded your expectations and previous thoughts about the chain. The hotel room you stayed in is updated from the previous Red Roof Inn Generations - however it can now be experienced throughout the entire brand as we continue a $90 Million Re-Design. I know the location can be a bit difficult to navigate if you are not familiar with it, our Front Desk team is here to help with maps, directions and recommendations 24/7 to make your travels as easy as possible. I am glad the positive outweighed the negatives and I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back again.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

At first I was nervous because I have seen what the Red Roofs have looked like before their upgrade, but I was completely blown away!! Everything was brand new, clean and the staff were extremely friendly/helpful. My boyfriend & I travel a lot, and for the price of the room- this is a great option! Flat screen tv, his & her lamps over the bed for reading, fridge & microwave (very useful). I also loved that it was hard wood floors, it seemed much cleaner than the normal hotel carpets. My boyfriend & I were very impressed and will stay here again for sure. Thank you for the wonderful stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Mthaggard,

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I am glad the newly renovated rooms were refreshing to you, and I am happy to announce that similar renovations have taken place all across the company... so look for the Red Roof when traveling, the product has enhanced but the value remained the same! I am glad to hear the staff treated you well, I will be sure to share this with them and appreciate when our hard work is recognized. All rooms now have the fridge and microwave as you mentioned, plus coffee makers, safes, etc. so we have all the necessities covered. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Saugus, MA 01906

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan? Share your experiences!