“Nice rooom - excelletn helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   920 Broadway, Saugus, MA 01906   |
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Saugus
Atlanta, GA
“Nice rooom - excelletn helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Recently whikle in Boston during the Blizzard of 2013 and getting over 2 ft of snow we had the pleasure of staying at the Red Roof Inn Saugus, MA. Not a bad trip about 9 miles into the city; staff was extremely courteous and especially Darrin who assisted us in finding several good restaurants, removing snow from our vehicle and assisting us in staying an additional two nights. Would definitely recommend this hotel and Darrin!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear tjo_atlanta_ga_2011,

By your name I assume you are from Georgia... so we likely had a bit more snow than you may be accustomed to. I am glad that though somewhat of a hard situation here our staff went above and beyond your expectations and provided excellent service. We understand how difficult it can be to not know your surrounding, and even more so with 30 inches of snow around - I am glad Darvin helped you and when I showed him this review he was ecstatic, so thanks so much! We hope to see you here again soon, maybe next time in better weather :o) .

479 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Hartsville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The condition of the hotel is great. All of the rooms have been reconditioned, with new furniture, wall coverings, bathrooms and fixtures. The rooms appear to be very clean and beds were comfortable. The hallways are very bright and welcoming. The staff is professional, but not necessarily friendly. There is no breakfast provided at this location. Coffee is available in the lobby. The hotel is easy enough to get into; however, it can be a little bit complicated to get out and back in (if staying for more than just one night.) The roads in the area are all access limited.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Mark R,

Thanks for staying with us and for leaving such a nice review. I am thrilled to read the condition of the hotel met your expectations and glad you enjoyed the newly renovated design. I would like to thank you for your mention of how professional our staff is, however do apologize if you didn't find them friendly and will share this with the team to make sure they understand the all guests need to perceive them as not only professional, but as a friend and someone they can rely on for whatever they may need. The location is on a divided highway - but we are here for you and happy to assist with maps and directions in any way we can. Thanks again and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Saugus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The bathroom needs a little bit of upgrade, in general the room was quite nice for the price. The service of that woman with a french name was awesome, it`s too bad i can`t remember her name. Thank u.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Derek C,

Thanks for staying with us and for posting this review. I am glad you received excellent service and you felt the room was nice and we offered great value. I am sorry however if you weren't satisfied with the bathroom remodeling. Since you were a little vague in describing what you weren't happy with, do feel free to reach out to me with your concerns and I will be happy to assist. Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Mayfield Heights, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This Red Roof is one of the unique units for a chain that is primarily motels. Exterior and interior updated, newer furniture, decent mattress, multiple pillows, flat screen TV, work desk that is more than just a table. Three negatives location, literally on a busy divided highway, US 1, the remodeled sink and no amenities other than coffee and a free package of tissues. Getting out of this hotel is a little dicey and not for the timid driver as you are merging into moving traffic coming out of the property, miss the entrance and you need to go down an exit, u-turn and travel back to the previous exit to u-turn and try again. The sink is aesthetically cool looking but is a large square sitting on top of the counter making a simple act like washing your face a task unless you're over 6' tall. But the positives outweighed the negatives for this business traveler, I will definitely try to stay here again on my next trip to the Boston area. There are many restaurant options close by no matter which way you go on the highway. Note: request a room towards the back of the property again the Hotel is on Rt. 1.

Room Tip: Request a room towards the back of the hotel away from the highway, much quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear chainboss,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am thrilled to read that our newly renovated hotel exceeded your expectations and previous thoughts about the chain. The hotel room you stayed in is updated from the previous Red Roof Inn Generations - however it can now be experienced throughout the entire brand as we continue a $90 Million Re-Design. I know the location can be a bit difficult to navigate if you are not familiar with it, our Front Desk team is here to help with maps, directions and recommendations 24/7 to make your travels as easy as possible. I am glad the positive outweighed the negatives and I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back again.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

At first I was nervous because I have seen what the Red Roofs have looked like before their upgrade, but I was completely blown away!! Everything was brand new, clean and the staff were extremely friendly/helpful. My boyfriend & I travel a lot, and for the price of the room- this is a great option! Flat screen tv, his & her lamps over the bed for reading, fridge & microwave (very useful). I also loved that it was hard wood floors, it seemed much cleaner than the normal hotel carpets. My boyfriend & I were very impressed and will stay here again for sure. Thank you for the wonderful stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Mthaggard,

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I am glad the newly renovated rooms were refreshing to you, and I am happy to announce that similar renovations have taken place all across the company... so look for the Red Roof when traveling, the product has enhanced but the value remained the same! I am glad to hear the staff treated you well, I will be sure to share this with them and appreciate when our hard work is recognized. All rooms now have the fridge and microwave as you mentioned, plus coffee makers, safes, etc. so we have all the necessities covered. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

A nicely redecorated hotel that had everything I needed. I stayed here one night, the price was just right, the room was very comfortable and will be staying there again soon. I really like the rooms tv, fridge, and microwave. I do wish the tv was more centered but that is nitpicking. Thanks for the nice stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
i0305, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear NEnglandTraveler,

Thanks for staying with us and for writing this review. I am glad we offered everything that you needed, we try our best to offer the best value without sacrificing necessities. All of our rooms have fridge, microwave, iron, iron board, hairdryer, coffee makers, work desks, free wi-fi, a safe, and more! Also, the rooms are all newly renovated and am glad to hear you enjoyed the new look! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you next time!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Clean, quiet and very nice for the price. Our room had hardwood floors that seemed to be pretty much brand new and that is so much better than the idea of hotel carpet! Wall mounted flat screen tv, very attractive furniture/decor. Large desk with lamp, small frige and microwave. This place must have just been renovated because it is above par. They also offer a Military discount so if you have a Military ID, don't forget to ask. You would be hard pressed to find a nicer hotel for under 100 bucks! I would stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed January 2013
i0305, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Jonesthegi,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We greatly appreciate the positive comments you've made and are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We do our best to offer a nice clean, friendly and affordable place to stay every day and am glad to hear that is just what you got! The design as you mentioned is new, Red Roof Inn has implemented a major brand wide renovation with hard wood flooring and area rugs under the beds, large flat screen TVs, comfy new beds, and much more! We also do now have fridges and microwaves in all the rooms and complimentary water bottles inside waiting for you upon arrival. Thanks again and I hope that should you return to the area you stop by and see us again.

Saugus, MA 01906

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan? Share your experiences!