“Good simple no frills Inn” 3 of 5 stars

You added Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan to your Saves list
Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   920 Broadway, Saugus, MA 01906   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Saugus
“Good simple no frills Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Room and public areas were very clean, modern design with clean lines & laminate flooring in the room (not carpet).
No frills Inn. Service and welcome from check in staff very limited, probably due to cost.
Noise from the busy road is very noticeable unfortunately, improved glazing would help!! There are eating options within walking distance, although the road is a bit difficult to walk alongside.
If you are looking for a cheap nights stay in a clean (not over quiet) place this is fine!!

Room Tip: Away from the road!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
i0305, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Blondehairrocks,

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your experience for other travelers to read about. I am glad to hear you felt we were nice, clean and with a modern look. We recently completed a major renovation with inspired with boutique in mind while being able to keep rates economical so travelers can spend money enjoying Boston and not always stuck in the hotel. We do however, want you to feel comfortable while staying with us which is why we added the wood floors and area rugs around the Serta Rest Beds to give you more of an "at home" feel. We also added the spa inspired vessel sinks, large flat screen TVs, plenty of power outlets, all new furniture, and more! I do apologize if any noise from Route 1 bothered you, we do have rooms on the opposite end and will accommodate them to you by request if that is what you prefer. We do appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you on a return visit.

Saugus, MA 01906

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for almost 3 months while working on a movie and it was extremely clean and easy! I was truly impressed how clean the room was always kept and the whole hotel. All the house keeping services were excellent and the entire staff was very nice and accomodating when parking filled up late at night. The front office manager Tabitha Charles was always very nice and made sure everything was good with me during my stay. Mike Ciulla the general manager was also very nice and everybody anwsered any questions I had. There is plenty of places to eat that are close, there is book stores, stables, Fed EX, CVS, star bucks, whatever you can think of is around that area and easy to get to. You just have to be patient when exiting the hotel and getting the highway to be extra safe. I don't remember everyone on the staff but everyone was super nice and my stay was quite easy and comfortable. The room is bright, clean, the flat screen TV was really nice. The desk and chair made it easy to work, and I never had to worry about my stuff or car.It made my trip so much easier and I actually missed it when I left. I reccomend this hotel!!! Five stars!! Having a clean, safe, and nice hotel makes such a difference.

Room Tip: I liked the 3rd floor the best for some reason. Can't remember why. Flat screens were the best...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Joseph V,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review and share all of the kind words. It was our pleasure to have you here for such a long time and get to know you while staying with us, and I am glad to know that you always felt safe while staying here. I am also happy to hear the location of the hotel worked well for you and that the surrounding shops and restaurants were nice to have around. And, thanks for the kind words about the cleanliness, staff, and rooms. When you stayed we had just finished our renovation and added those flat screen TVs, wood floors, new Serta Rest Suite Beds, furniture and more. Again, thanks for all of the positive feedback and we hope you come back again if your in the area.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We were spending a night there before flying home, so were wanting a quiet hotel to get a decent sleep before a long haul flight. I got a good deal online, so for what we paid I was pleasantly surprised. The first room we had was very noisy due to all the movement from the room above. We went down to the reception and he moved us to a room on the top floor, which we were most appreciative of him being so accommodating.

We had a room that was mid hotel so didn't notice the noise from the highway. For us it was a much more affordable option than those hotels closer to the airport, and you don't get the noise of planes taking off and landing.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor, as the floors are not carpeted and the noise travels through the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
i0305, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear carolynthb,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am happy to hear the front desk was able to accommodate your needs, we always try to meet the requests of all our guests at any time. I am glad you didn't hear any noise from the highway and typically it seems to not really be noticeable, I do apologize if your neighbors were noisy but glad to know it was resolved. Thanks again and we hope you stay with us next time you are in the area.

Stoneham, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Nice, Clean, Hotel, i give them that, but as far as customer service, very poor, didn't even get a "smile" or "thank you" with my reservation, and very ignorant toward my questions about the hotel in general, i was not informed this was a "pet friendly" hotel over the phone as most places listed do, and i am allegic to dogs, and had a horrible allegic reaction to such, red roof needs to address the poor service and standards asssociated with their business to grow their business.
Good luck.

Room Tip: inquire about pet dandare, this hotel allows pets in all rooms, if your allegic go somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
i0305, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear joel m,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback. First, thanks for the kind words about the hotel... we did recently renovate and have a brand new design with all new furnishings, wood floors, flat screen TVs, beds, and more! I am glad you were pleased with the hotel.

I do want to sincerely apologize for any issues you encountered during your stay. I can assure you this is not normal and will be addressed immediately with the entire staff in our next meeting. Our staff is committed to see that each and every guest feels welcome, comfortable, and important while staying with us, as we greatly value your business and want you to feel at home while traveling.

I want you to know that your feedback is extremely important to us and we take these comments very seriously. We do greatly appreciate you bringing them to our attention. I have also sent you a private message through Trip Advisor with the intention to make up for any less then great experience you had while staying with us. I do hope you return again in the future to see the improvements made as I can assure you it will be noticeable immediately.

Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Really served its purpose well. A bit more noise than we like but we slept well. The floors are wood and you can hear the people above you if they have on shoes, otherwise great. Coffee was a bit weak, but, hey, it's free.

Dear joedvet,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to write this review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and this hotel served its purpose for your travel needs. We have recently renovated the entire hotel with all new furnishings, beds, flat screen TVs, and much more including new wood floors. Wood floors definitely do make a bit more noise when walking on them than carpet does, however our guests have truly seemed to enjoy the new look, cleanliness, and at home feel that comes along with them. We do appreciate your comments and feedback and hope that you return and see us next time you are in the area.

Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is a convinient hotel clean and simple if you are going north from boston. Next to a verynoisy highway, would choose something quieter further north. We chose this hotel because we were on our way to maine and arrived very late into boston airport.

Dear Hank1962,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am glad you found the hotel to be clean and convenient during your travels. I am however very sorry if you encountered an issue with noise. Our Front Desk team is ready and available to assist 24/7 with any guest needs, including noise and we would have been happy to address the problem with you. I am sorry we were unable to do so. If you are in the area again we would like to welcome you back, we offer a great value for this area and if you are sensitive to noise just let us know and we will be happy to get you the quietest room available. Thanks again and we hope to see you back here in the future.

Astoria, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

A great place to stay if you are visiting Boston or Salem. The location is close to both cities and has many restaurants and shopping stores in the immediate area. The rooms were extremely clean. Beds were a bit small but comfortable. The staff made check-in and check-out smooth and easy. Will definitely stay at a Red Roof Inn again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
i0305, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Jedimi,

Thanks for staying with us, and for taking the time to review your stay. I am glad to hear that we provided a clean and quiet accommodation and the location worked well for your travel plans. Also, I appreciate the kind comments in regards to the front desk team and will share this with them immediately. As you mentioned, staying with us is very beneficial for those who want a nice clean place to stay, at a good price, with easy access to both Boston & Salem as we are just a few miles from each one. Thanks again and we hope to see you again next time.

Saugus, MA 01906

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Logan? Share your experiences!