“You can usually count on holiday inn and this was no different” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)

You added Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   999 Broadway, Saugus, MA 01906   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Saugus
Darien, Connecticut
“You can usually count on holiday inn and this was no different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Everything was great, clean, nice people at the front desk. The only thing I did not like was I stayed in July and the hallways, elevator, and our room when we arrived were all hot and not ventilated. Most hotels keep the A/C on in your room before you arrive, but this one the A/C was off causing the room to be muggy and smell a little funny. When we would leave the room the hallways were particuarly stifling along with the elevator, again causing a muggy smell. Once we put the A/C on it was fine though. That being said I paid $160 for the room on a weekend and the receptionists were very nice, the rooms were clean, and its comforting you know what you are going to get with a Holiday Inn. The only things I truly care about when it comes to a hotel are: quiet and clean and Holiday Inn always delivers on that.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear traveler0339,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased you found our accomodations to your liking when it comes to the staff and cleanliness of the hotel. I do apologize for the A/C not being turn on prior to your arrival. During your stay our area was experiencing a heat wave and HVAC units were being turned on in the rooms and it seems we missed yours.

Once again I thank you for taking the time to post a review. The staff and I look forward to being your host shall your travels bring you back to our area.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

HIE is not a luxury brand but we were very happy with our stay. The front office staff was great...even said they did some extra cleaning prior to check in when I mentioned that my wife had asthma. Probably the most comfortable bed I've had in a hotel. The breakfast is a little hectic but expected. For management, I'll say good job...do suggest keeping the pool open until 10 and also put a little more help on breakfast esp timely trash removal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Indyspartan,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. Like you mentioned we are a great value to our guests. Our location and amenities allow us to be a better economical choice to staying in the airport or the city. Your comments pertaining to the staff is greatly appreciated. The FD staff coordinated to housekeeping about your wife's asthma and the room was prepared accordingly. It makes me proud to read such reviews as I know the staff always strives to deliver great service to all our guests.

The staff and I look forward to being your host in the future and thank you once again for posting a favorable review.

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here when I was visting Boston on vacation. It is a clean hotel with a great breakfast. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to assist me. If you are familiar with Logan International Airport, you know that you have to go a long way to pick up a rental car or check into a hotel. While the drive to the hotel was a little bit of a haul, it was worth the trip. It is located in a safe area with plenty of places to eat. I recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hi MCM123456789,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent positive experience with us. I am pleased you were able to take advantage of both our complimentary shuttle to the airport and breakfast. These amenities and our location allow us to be the better economical choice when staying in the boston area.

Your comments pertaining to the friendliness of the staff and their service are greatly appreciated and have been shared with the staff. They enjoy reading reviews in which they are recognized for the great service they always strive to deliver.

Once again I thank you for taking the time to post a review and we look forward to once again being your host in the future.

East Rutherford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I am so happy to have this opportunity to write this review...
First of all, this is my second year staying at this hotel. I have been assigned to book a group for my Drum and Bugle Corps, the Hawthorne Caballeros, from Hawthorne NJ. We had a competition in Lynn Mass, in which we took first place, but we needed a place to stay for those of us who did not want to take the long bus ride. We finished the weekend totaling 21 rooms for 2 nights at the hotel, and as long as I am involved with the Corps, I will use this hotel. I booked the group with Nicole Caraglia, who I must say, is one of the nicest and sweetest sales people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. (I've been in the Travel industry going on 30 years!). From the check in experience to the check out experience, everything was great. The Front Desk Staff was very kind and courteous and the check in process was very quick, even with the new girl training. The thing that got me was once i was all settled in my room, I received a phone call asking if everything was to my liking, which of course it was. What a great touch!! The rooms were extremely clean, and the beds were very comfortable. Housekeeping staff was also very courteous, and catered to all that was needed. The included hot breakfast in the morning was a typical breakfast that included eggs, bacon, biscuits, coffee and juice, and pancake maker, assorted muffins and danishes, bagels, and cold cereals. Very fresh and very tasty. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Frank P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about this past weekend's stay. I would also like to congratulate you on taking first place. It was only expected seeing how your group was excited and focused for this event. Staff such as Nicole Caraglia, are a great example of a staff always looking to deliver great service and do what ever is needed for the guests.

Once again I thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. The staff and I look forward to being your host next year and for years to come.

Yours in Hospitality,

Duvall, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Nice room, clean and cool. Staff was courteous and helpful. Was able to get a late check out and free shuttle to airport made life so much easier. Saved a $$$ cab ride. The breakfast was better than others we had at other chains. Front desk called room to check on us after we settled in, never had that happen before. Nice touch.

Dear Paula R,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent satisfactory stay with us. I am pleased you found our shuttle to be convenient for you as it is an amenity widely used by most of our guests. Your comments pertaining to the courteasy of the staff and their helpfulness are greatly appreciated. The staff works hard to ensure they are always delivering great service, and when guests recognize this it serves as a great motivator for them.

Once again I thank you for taking the time to post a review and the staff and I look forward to seeing you in the future.

PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We missed our flight to Ireland due to US Air delay, so arrived in poor spirits late at night. Dominick at the front desk was so accommodating. He was the best part of that day. His friendliness was really appreciated after fighting with the airline who refused to pay for our room. Basic continental breakfast was good. Room comfortable and clean. The hotel does sit between highways, so not on walking distance of much. Free airport shuttle and distressed Traveler room rate were both appreciated.

Stayed July 2013
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear warytravelerPA,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent satisfactory stay with us. I am pleased you found Dominic to be friendly and he was able to assist in your distressed situation. The staff here in the hotel always try to provide that kind of service to our guests and Dominic is a great example of this.

Once again I thank you for writing about your stay and the staff and I look forward to being your host in the future.

Yours in hospitality,

Boston, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We usually stay at this hotel and never have a problem. This last time we stayed my boyfriend and I woke up itchy. The next day we were still itchy with some bumps on our skin. We called the hotel once and asked to speak to a manager, and the manager wasn't there at the time. Second time we called on the morning after, we called and explained the lady in the front desk, she simply cut me off and said I'd need to speak to a manager and AGAIN a manager was not there. Needless to say none of the front desk people showed any concern or even asked us for our name and phone number so maybe the manager could call us when they actually was in the hotel. So overall this last time killed it for us. I would no longer recommend this hotel to anyone.

Hi Daphne A,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. I would also like to apologize for the diffilculty in reaching me. I am pleased I was able to reach out to you and we have been able to come to a solution so you are able to return to our hotel in the future. As you have mentioned your experiences prior had been positive and I would hate to have this experience discourage you from returning to our hotel.

Ludwing Ardon

Been to Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)? Share your experiences!