“Won't stay there again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Thousand Oaks

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Thousand Oaks to your Saves list
Quality Inn Thousand Oaks
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Conejo Blvd., Thousand Oaks, CA 91360 (Formerly Oaks Lodge Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 9 hotels in Thousand Oaks
Calgary, Canada
“Won't stay there again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

The room smelled old, no LCD Tv, there is big coffee stain on the sofa, crack on the bathroom wall. Breakfast is average. Wifi is not accessible from the room further from the front office. Will try another hotel next time.

• Stayed August 2013

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Los Alamos, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Price was moderate but room was large, clean and well maintained. Nice layout, good furnishings, functional bathroom fixtures. A few unimportant details were overlooked, but no detraction. The door keys were a bit flaky, for example. Breakfast was more than just adequate. Wifi is the web signon type so an occasional dropout is to be expected, but mostly it worked.

Don't get concerned by any minor negatives; the overall experience is very pleasant. The inner courtyard is a real plus. Four fluffy pillows for one bed.

Room Tip: We stayed top floor rear. Means some carrying and walking but might be worth it. Very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pollock Pines, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

It was warm enough to leave our window open all night, but we had to call the front desk at 10:00pm and ask them to ask the group of men in the gazebo right outside our window to be quiet. We appreciated that in just a few minutes all was quiet. We enjoyed reading in the gazebo with the murmur of the little waterfall and pond next to it.

Other plusses: The staff was helpful, the beds were very comfortable, roomy curved shower curtain. Breakfast was adequate with waffle maker, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereals and breads, however the HARD boiled eggs were overcooked.

Also I would say the rooms could be cleaner and updated, and they should add full size pillows.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the gazebo, away from the pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tumwater, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is not my preferred hotel chain. However, circumstanced dictated that I stayed here. From the outside I was not overly excited about the place, It appeared to be tidy but a little run down.

When I checked in the staff was quick and professional. It was also 3 hours before normal check in time but they got me a room with no hassle. I have had other hotels charge an early check in fee, they did not.

My room was clean and very large. To my surprise it was also very quiet for my 3 day stay. The over all room condition as I stated was clean but there are signs of it just being an older hotel. Also the bath room mirror was broken corner to corner. That seem like it could be a safety concern, if not it was just unprofessional.

The location is great, easy access to the freeway, walking distance of the mall and several restaurants. They also have a pool that was well maintained, breakfast bar was adequate.

If you just need a place to stay I would recommend it for a day or two you could do a lot worse.

Oh, the beds had those stupid little half pillows. I hate those things.

Room Tip: I was on the freeway side of the buildiing but there are enough sturcturs in between that noise was...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

i stay at this hotel at least once a month for the past year, and so far it has been really good every time. very friendly and courteous staff, great location, great breakfast, wi-fi was a bit of an issue but since they upgraded that it works great. all in all great value for the price..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
san diego, california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was traveling on business, alone as a single woman, I checked into my room, and hoped for a great night sleep . There was a large group of men, about 15- 20 of them right outside my window and in the courtyard talking loudly, laughing, going in and out of their room slamming doors.... it was about 9:30pm... so I just hung out and watched TV hoping they would go to bed. About 11PM, I went out there to ask them to please go to bed. They continued. I contacted the front desk 3 times between 11 and midnight. The guys at the front dest did nothing to stop the noise. The night person had the gall to tell me there weren't any guys outside my door making noise!!!! I stuck my head out and took a few photos. I had to catch a train at 7 in the morning, I had asked for a wake up call earlier in the evening so that I could make my train. No wake up call. But not to worry, the same group of men were up banging around and talking loudly at 6 AM.... they woke me up....so I didn't miss my train.
I filled out their customer feedback form. They simple said "come and stay with us again so we can have another chance to provide you with a good experience". Seriously? I asked for a refund. Don't stay here if you actually need to sleep..... I was so tired it ruined my 4th of July the next day...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn Thousand Oaks? Share your experiences!