“Best Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
California
“Best Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2008

We have stayed at Palm Garden several times while on medical trips. The atmosphere is somewhere between a large motel and a convention hotel. A full breakfast is included in the rate and always has hot meats, hot potatoes, cereals, eggs/egg combos, juices and make-your-own waffles. If you like a decent breakfast, as we do, this beats anything we have seen at other places and is definitely a factor in our return visits.

We had a small pet on our recent stay and the "pet rooms" are facing the freeway which was quite noisy. Other rooms we have stayed in on previous occasions did not have a noise problem. The list $30 pet charge seemed excessive, but the manager waived the charge at checkout.

We have eaten at the attached Eric's Restaurant a couple of times and the food and service are good, if a bit pricy. We generally eat dinners elsewhere.

The buildings have obviously been around for a few years and have been generally updated quite satisfactorily. We always make use of the microwave and fridge. The rooms have always been clean and tidy, although on one visit we hit the jackpot with a dozen minor defects and a phone that wouldn't accept incoming calls. We had no problem getting moved to another room after contacting the desk.

Management and staff have always been courteous and helpful and checkin/checkout have been quick and efficient.

Overall Palm Garden is a nice place to stay, although we would feel overcharged if we had paid the rack rate.

• Liked — Hot breakfast selections
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
cicmanagement, General Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2009
The start to a good day is a healthy big breakfast! We're always happy to hear compliments of our exceptional complimentary breakfasts.

Next time you stay, don't hesitate to dine at our award-winning restaurant, Eric's. We are constantly running specials so we're sure you will be able to find a delicious meal within your budget.

We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again!

Patrick K.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Helena, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2008

I stayed at the Palm Garden Hotel for 12 nights in December. I was there as part of a business trip, and was only in my room at night, but every day I would come back to a spotless room. The pool is being remodeled, but the grounds are beautiful. They provide a hot buffet-style breakfast every day, and happy hour with 1 free drink on the weekdays. The hotel is located by a strip shopping center that includes a 24h grocery store and a Starbucks. It's an easy walk over to the grocery store. The rooms have a refrigerator and microwave, so I was able to keep a few groceries in the room with me. It is very convenient to the interstate. My room was facing the interstate, and there was some noise, but not enough to cause a problem for me. They do not have interior corridors, but I felt very safe coming back to my room at night. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable environment that made me feel safe.
  • Disliked — Really don't have any negatives...
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
We're so glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay! We strive to offer the best service and value in our class.

The breakfast and happy hour are easy to enjoy and if you sit outside on the courtyard tables overlooking the pool it is even better. Please come back soon!

Alameda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2008

We stay here for one night with our two teenage daughters. The room was VERY clean and the whole place seemed well kept even thought there was significant upgrading in progress.

We had dinner at the on site restaurant, Eric's and were wonderfully impressed at the quality and presentation. We would recommend them highly.

Even the included breakfast was excellant with make your own waffles, a basic sellection of cereals, freshly made eggs, bacon, etc - this was NOT you typical "continental breakfast"!

We will stay there next time we pass through LA.

• Liked — Very clean room and nice service.
  • Disliked — We had no problems at all.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thanks for your awesome feedback!

One night is nice but if you stay longer next time you can try more of the menu in Eric's as well as the new Mall improvements with your daughters!

Please come back soon!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2008

We stayed at the Palm Garden Hotel due to a conference/meeting scheduled at the hotel; I was a bit worried about the hotel based on the fairly large numbers of negative reviews of the hotel. However, the hotel really is pretty nice. The rooms are clean, rooms spacious, beds acceptably comfortable, and the food is decent. The hotel is not particularly luxurious, but there was no real problems with our stay at all.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your feedback. We always strive to offer the best value in our class. =)

I hope we can accommodate you on your next conference!

California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2007

A step up from a Motel 6, but still a motel, not what I would call a hotel. Thin front window and door that allow all passing noise to come through. I was awoken throughout the night by maintenance people, others guests, and the neighbors that live nearby. If you are a light sleeper, this isn't for you. Also, for $120 I'm used to much more.

• Stayed November 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
We apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay.

We always try to make guests feel welcome and comfortable. I would like to put you in a courtyard facing room on your next visit. =)

Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2007

I ended up walking in the room, taking in the smell, seeing the dirty bathroom, and pretty much made a decision. I immediately logged on to my computer and found the Courtyard (VERY nice and new) only 1 mile away. One of my major complaints is that this converted motel had a gap under the door and a curtain that did not completely cover the window. So anyone could have walked by and looked into the room - there was about a 2 inch gap. Motels / hotels should need to state that their doors are either enclosed in secured hallways or are open to the outside. The furniture was old and decrepit - I pulled back the sheets to make sure they were clean, but the sheets must have been 1 count or something. I had to use my hotel points I have been dilligently saving for a vacation, but a night's rest in a clean hotel was worth it. I have never been prompted to write a review until now - I will not stay anywhere until I read what others have to say.

• Stayed August 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2007

Horrible, rude service. Moreover, they are unreasonable. They will quote you one rate, and then jack it up and charge you more when you aren't looking! Go to La Quinta down the street. They are great.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the service
  • Tips/Secrets — stay at la quinta instead
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Palm Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!