“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boise, Idaho
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The new owners of the Palm Garden Hotel have done an exceptional job with restoring this hotel and together with their new young and dynamic management team the Palm Garden is poised to become the best hotel in the Conejo Valley. I loved starting my day with breakfast served on the patio overlooking the plush gardens, inviting pool area and putting greens. My room was just lovely, exceptionally clean and the bed was very comfortable. The business center is large and was very quiet. I also noticed that there was a very elegant banquet room for meetings or other events and a gazebo for outdoor weddings. FYI...the restoration was not quite complete and the Irish Pub was expecting to be open sometime in Oct, 2012. Look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
PalmGardenManager, Director of Operations at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear "101007",

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your most recent experience at The Palm Garden Hotel. It is comments, such as yours, that truly can highlight the passion our staff has for the comfort and care of our guests. I was pleased to read that you were able to relax and enjoy all the hotel has to offer while visiting your favorite son.

It is our goal at The Palm Garden to create a remarkably relaxed atmosphere with absolutely no barriers to our guest’s enjoyment. I was pleased to read how impressed you were with our plush gardens and relaxing courtyard area. One of the best features of our hotel is our beautiful grounds and truly makes our guests describe the hotel as relaxed, comfortable, and zero stress. .

Besides our newly renovated property, a new and fresh approach to management and ownership, we also encourage all of our guests to enjoy our brand new restaurant, Brendan’s Irish Pub Newbury Park. With a great selection of traditional Irish entrees as well as classic American favorites, you will sure to be find something to your liking at Brendan’s!!

Please feel free to contact the Front Desk for any future reservations as our property continues to surprise and delight every guest we encounter. Have a pleasant day and we look forward to seeing you in the future!!

The Palm Garden Hotel and Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
San Diego, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We were assigned this hotel via Hotwire in 9/2012. Was pleasantly supplied. Fast check in and a nice clean remodeled room with a comfortable bed and really comfortable pillows. So much so, that my wife wrote down the brand of them. Room had a desk/table, couch, king bed and a chest of drawers. Its located 1 minute from the freeway exit, yet we did not have freeway noise. Hdd a bath tub and a great refrigerator (small). We put 6 pints of water in the freezer (which had its own door), turned the unit on and 8 hours later they were all frozen. Great for the record heat wave that was happening that weekend. Breakfast started at 7pm, but can not reort on that since we were gone before then.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
PalmGardenManager, Director of Operations at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear "Gary K",

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your most recent experience at The Palm Garden Hotel. It is comments, such as yours, that truly can highlight the passion our staff has for the comfort and care of our guests. I was very pleased that your party was able to enjoy a quiet and comfortable stay while you were in town.

It is our goal at The Palm Garden to create a remarkably relaxed atmosphere with absolutely no barriers to our guest’s enjoyment. I am happy to read that we were able to accomplish our goals of a relaxing stay for you and your party!!

Glendale, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I was hesitant to stay at this hotel when I read bad reviews from TripAdvisor, but because of the good deal I got and the Guest Service Attendat (Kristen) that answered the phone when I made the phone reservation was so pleasant and courteous, so I decided to book the room and see for myself if the bad reviews I read are true. I arrived around 2pm (Labor Day Weekend, Sept 2nd, 2012) and asked if I could check in early, I was told by Kristen that there are no rooms available yet, but she will call housekeeping and find out if there is room available then. Kristen offered me a cold bottled of water and I sat by the patio overlooking the pool area patientlly waited for the call (it was about 30 mins) when Kristen told me the room is ready. . I did have s slight problem with my hotel key, it did not worked, however one of the housekeeping ladies opened the room for me and told me to get a new key from the front desk. The room was clean, as well as the bathroom. I also had dinner at the nearby Indian Restaurant (Saffron), just next to the hotel. Dinner was good too. Overall, I did enjoyed my stay and the price is right. I like the idea of the microwave/ fridge and Ralphs grocery next to the hotel. I will come back to this hotel again. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear "ZIL 921",

It is our goal at The Palm Garden to create a remarkably relaxed atmosphere with absolutely no barriers to our guest’s enjoyment. I was very pleased to read that you were impressed with the service by Christen at the Front Desk. Each associate on property takes our commitment to our guest's comfort and care very seriously and I am happy that Christen was a perfect example of this.

Camarillo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed here a few months back. They were just starting the extensive renovations. Took a tour with the General Manager and he explained all they were trying to accomplish. Our stay was just great so when my parents were visiting in July we suggested they stay at this property. They were there for 2 nights and had nothing but positive things to say about the experience. The staff was very nice and accommodating. While work is being done on site, nothing disturbed their stay. The complimentary breakfast was delicious and ample. They stayed in one of the newly remodeled rooms and said it was quite comfortable and quiet. This will be their hotel of choice when in the area. Great job!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear "Jon B",

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your most recent experience at The Palm Garden Hotel. It is comments, such as yours, that truly can highlight the passion our staff has for the comfort and care of our guests. I was very pleased that your party was able to enjoy a quiet and comfortable stay while you were in town visiting your parents.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Stayed at this hotel weekend of July, 27, 2012. Room was not ready at 3:00 checkin. Carpet was still wet. Came back several hours later and room smelled musty. No hot water Friday or Sat after several calls to front desk. Maintenance showed up about 2:00 on Sat. Water was hot for a short while, Sunday morning back to cold. Pool hours are till 10:00 at night. People still partying till 1:00 in the morning. Complained to front office and was told general manager would be calling me to possibly compensate me for the service we got, but never heard back from anyone. Bad service, would not advise staying there.

• Stayed July 2012
PalmGardenManager, Director of Operations at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear "Buddie1234",

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review via TripAdvisor concerning your most recent experience at The Palm Garden Hotel in Newbury Park, CA. We truly appreciate your candid thoughts on your stay and the hotel experience that we offer.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Was really unsure of staying at a non chain hotel but EVERY Hotel was sold out or of $150 night. Was using orbitz hotel app and stumbled upon this hotel. I would have never stayed here if a chain hotel was affordable and available. So I bit the bullet and booked the room for 2 days $92 a night, and while driving here I had a feeling I just paid for a dump. Pulling in there was not a flashy sign and was kinda hidden next to Ralph's and liquor store. Things started looking up by having place to park my truck, next go in lobby and they had better lobby and checking desk than some of the Crowne Plazas I stayed in. Next checkin went quick and staff was very friendly and soon on my way to room. I walk out of lobby and I was truly impressed at what someone can do with an old holiday inn full service. The pool area have very boutique look with oversized chess, cabanas, jacuzzi and lots of trees well groomed. Got to my room and was just as impressed . Was clean, modern and with LG 42" tv, fridge and microwave. There was sofa in room too. The bathroom area could be modernized but for what I paid I was more than pleased.
The breakfast area is small and needs more staff to keep hot foods and dishs stocked. Get there early to avoid lines.
Call the hotel for rates, they accept Entertainment card and it's 50% of reg rack rate, they also accept AAA. And you don't get those rates from 3rd party sites.
I love staying close to Los Angeles but I need to work in Oxnard, they were 20-25 mins from Oxnard, 25 mins from LA so I wasnt too bummed . Having a 24 hour Ralph's grocery and 24 hour Del Taco helped too. This hotel would be a great family weekend get away with this pool area. I would absolutely choose this hotel first if I work in area again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Greetings "KClevenger71",

I was pleased to read that we were able to surpass your expectations in several ways during your stay. We have taken much care in improving the property ever since new ownership and management have arrived on property. I am glad that you enjoyed the boutique feel to our hotel and I am glad that we were able to impress you with our new room product.

I will certainly speak to our Food and Beverage team about modernizing our breakfast area and to make sure it is adequately staffed as well. Many of our guests comment on how our breakfast is much more superior then any chain hotel in the area, and it is is completely complimentary. We look forward to serving you in the future and on behalf of the entire staff, thank you so much for staying with us at The Palm Garden Hotel.

MAGALIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The hotel is still undergoing extensive renovations. Two of the four buildings are done, the rest of the rooms may be completed within a month or so. We stayed for two nights and were never disturbed by construction work or ununsual noise. But for now you have to live with dirty staircases and corridors (which by the way are outside not inside). Palm Garden Hotel is an older hotel complex beautifully situated around a tropical pool area and large park-like courtyard. Nowadays nobody could afford anymore to build a hotel on so much acreage without charging exorbitant prices. At least during the construction period rents are very affordable. Go to the hotel's website for reduced two- or three-night stays.

The finished rooms look elegant and provide all the amenities you could ask for. The new flatscreen TV is giant (but only analogue reception), the fridge has a separate freezer that works perfectly (rarely to find in any hotel). Our room was furnished with a pullout sofabed in addition to the very comfortable King Size bed. As far as we could see, the renovation had some minor flaws: door hinges, curtain rods in the bathroom, and shower fixtures were obviously not replaced and showed a lot of rust. Every morning a complimentary American Buffet Breakfast is served in the Garden Room which also provides outside seating. A good choice of hot items makes the buffet superior to the usual Continental Breakfasts in a lot of chain hotels.

You have a choice of courtyard rooms and rooms facing the parking area. Some rooms also face the freeway: more noise. Choose the courtyard rooms over everything else for quietness and view.

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing the courtyard for quietness and view.