“Excellent Steak” 4 of 5 stars

805.418.1811
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mastro's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 152 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: S Conejo School Rd
“Excellent Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Good food, romantic, expensive. We went on our 51st wedding anniversary and my wife loved it. I will make this an annual visit.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We dined here on Christmas Eve and it was wonderful , fabulous seafood tower, really great shrimp. It was pricey but for a special occasion it was worth it! We had a really great waitress and we were accommodated in the bar which was our request. I am only giving it 4 stars because of the price and wine spilled on my son inlaw, which they offered to pay for the laundered shirt and comped dessert so really, I should give it 5 stars because we loved it, LOL!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles
“Good for special occasions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

There are some very good dishes here like the seafood tower, dry ice martini, and side dishes. However, we have been here several times and the steaks have been a disappointment. Therefore, I would recommend for a special occasion but there are better restaurants in Thousand Oaks if you want an all around good dinner.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bakersfield, California, United States
“Bad service???”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Being a huge fan of Mastro's in pains me to write this. Went and ordered the rack of lamb $48.00 if I remember correct. It came out as always VERY VERY hot. After it was dropped off it was way to hot to eat at that time (Not a bad thing). But my waiter came back by in about 2 minutes to see how everything was cooked. I told him haven't tried it still to hot. Once it cooled down I began to eat it. It was perfectly cooked but extremely bland I am talking ZERO flavor. There is a big party next to me that my waiter is working on. I wait for him and wait, oh and then waited some more but he was very busy with this party of 8. I finally decide to just eat I and starving and its obvious he is to busy. About 1/2 done I finally get someone to refill my water and ask him to please get my server. When he comes I tell him this has ZERO seasoning on it. He looks and says ya looks like they forgot to season it. Takes it back to kitchen and the final 1/2 comes out and you can clearly see the rub or seasoning they used on it. Its taste great NOW. So manager comes by ask how is dinner I say the food is great now. So when I get my check sure enough they had no problem charging me for the entire lamb full price. Could of taken off 1/2 for the 1/2 that the cook clearly forgot to season but no I get full charge. For the price I will save myself some cash and go 1 mile down the street to the Grill they seem to appreciate me as a customer. I understand we all make mistakes, but a mistake by you and still charge me for it? Not acceptable. Bad service by all on this visit.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thousand Oaks, California
“Great food, but a a price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Really great food and service, the same as any Mastro's. The price limits dining there to special occasions and expense accounts.

• Visited June 2013