I stayed in this hotel on 4 business trips of about two weeks from July-Oct 2010. I am planning to stay two more times by the end of 2010
- Good for long stay, 13 days or more stay will cost you $89-$99 per night
- The support staff is helpful. I checked in at 2:30AM, 5AM in morning due to flight delays
- Good restaurants nearby (walking distance): AMECI Pizza 805-499-8300, Ali Baba's Cafe - Mediterrian, Seasame Inn (Chinese, 3-4 miles, good food large portions), Sharky - Mexican, There are couple of restaurants in same complex - Japanese, Italian. I tried Japanese, it was good. Other std options are In and Out, Chipotle, Panda express etc.
- Kitchen is good with dishwasher, microwave, std size refrigerator, utensils. You can buy grocery from nearby stores (Vons, Ralphs)
- Gym is good for hotel: Couple treadmills, one elliptical, one cycle, and one std weight machine.
- Breakfast is not great. I am not huge fan of hotel breakfast, but still. It does not include any cooked food like eggs, pan cakes etc. They don't provide simple bread-butter (they have some kind of bagel and English muffin). It is okay for couple of days in a week. They provide good variety of cornflakes, 1-2 fruits (banana, apple), Juice, Muffins, Granola bars)
- TV is old. I am not big TV fan. I have 32" HDTV at my home. They have 20-24" std TV in room, but they have HDTV in lobby and gym.
- Hotel cleaning: For one of my stay, they had policy of cleaning room in 3 times a week instead of daily cleaning. They corrected it later.
Bottom line: It is good hotel at decent price for long term stay.
Nearby attractions for weekend trip:
- Camarillo Premium Outlets for shopping - 20-30 mins
- Hearst Castle - California State Park 3 hr drive
- Universal studio (buy annual pass if you are planning to go twice)
- Sea World San Diego is about 3 hr drive
- San Francisco and Yosemite National Park is about 7 hr drive, but you can do it with some Friends
- Las Vegas is about 5 hr drive
- If you are Museum fan then two Getty Museums are good option.
- Beaches: Santa Monica Pier, Venice beach, Santa Barbara beaches
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites 1000 Oaks Ventura County
- Towneplace Suites Thousand Oaks Ventura County Hotel
- Towneplace Suites Thousand Oaks Ventura County Hotel Thousand Oaks
- Towneplace Suites Thousand Oaks
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your TownePlace Suites Thousand Oaks Ventura County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.