Attractive hotel, courteous and helpful staff, but cannot recommend the rooms. The receptionist was very helpful in accommodating us after I had made a mistake in our reservation. Other staff were helpful in responding to our room complaints. However, the rooms are designed poorly and we were immediately disappointed.
1) The lighting is terrible. No entry light - so when you walk in, you can only turn on a tiny task light over the bar. The room remains dark until you turn on, by hand, every lamp in the room. Even then, dark.
2) Our first room was so awkward we declined it. The king bed faced out the window with the TV off to the right, hard to see at all and it felt strange. We were moved a couple of times, into a double queen (just my wife and I). Again, the lighting is bad, the bathroom is poorly designed.
(again, little things - you had to remove the toilet tissue to retrieve the extra roll, and.. no fan in the bathroom). Finally, that room had cleanliness issues and we had to have staff take care of them.
3) The desk?TV are together so you can't use both very well. Also, no suitcase bench - so the suitcase sits on the floor.
The only reason it's worth noting all these details is that the Hampton Inn, where we usually stay in Thousand Oaks, offers a better room, better designed, and a free breakfast. I recommend staying that Hampton Inn. (We moved and I'm writing from here now)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Thousand Oaks California, the new Courtyard Marriott Thousand Oaks is l mile from Stagecoach Inn Museum and within a few miles of Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza, Ronald Reagan Library, Camarillo Premium Outlets and the Strawberry Festival. Malibu Beach, Ventura Beach, Santa Monica Mountains and Channel Islands are all within 20 miles of the hotel. The Courtyard Cafe serves breakfast and dinner. Enjoy the outdoor pool or a beverage in the Courtyard Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott and Odigeo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Thousand Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott 1000 Oaks
- Courtyard By Marriott Thousand Oaks Hotel Thousand Oaks
- Courtyard Thousand Oaks
- Marriott Thousand Oaks
- Thousand Oaks Courtyard
- Thousand Oaks Marriott