“My Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Bakersfield
“My Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is a seven star experience. Janet and Michelle are beyond excellent in all areas. Reservations, planning, accommodations, local area help and everything in between. Nothing is too big or too small for these ladies. Extremely professional. Carmen in the food area does an excellent job as well with the presentation, requests and special needs you may have at the food area. The breakfast is fresh and fit for a king. A great value for the price. The hotel is upscale, new, very clean, ample parking and closely located to everything. Most creature friendly needs are walking distance. The rooms are modern, very clean, quiet and comfortable. Exceptional service is a phone call away with just as quick a response. Great shopping nearby. I have stayed here three times and will not chance another stay anywhere else. Also let me add that my business is 50 miles away in Santa Barbara, for the money there is no better deal. And lastly did I mention Janet and Michelle ......... like we said in the seventies, TRY IT, YOU LIKE IT.

Room Tip: Any room is this hotel is excellent, The king is cozy for couples, the two queens is also spacious f...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
boonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Especially Janet! We will always stay there when we are in Thousand Oaks.The family feeling was very unusual. The breakfast was always a perfect start to each day and worth the money.

Reedley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

After Seeing a decline in the quality of your usual hotel we are looking for a new home for my Water Polo Team when we come down for a tournament. We have found it in the courtyard. Janet was a sweetheart who made me feel welcomed and was patient as I checked into my six rooms with my 11 teenagers. She made sure we had all of the paperwork to check in feed my boys the next morning. Superior breakfast, my boys were excited and ready for their games that day. The booster club felt more secure with the clean neat appearance of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mesa, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Very comfortable beds for all 6 of us! The entire property was a convenient location, with great restaurants and shops nearby. Clean and friendly place with a great breakfast buffet (beats La Quinta and Holiday Express, etc.) And ditto on Janet at the front desk: she was extremely helpful with directions to nearby destinations, and any other questions we had

Whitehouse, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our stay at the Courtyard in Thousand Oaks was one of our most pleasant hotel stays EVER. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous, and went above and beyond to answer our questions (she printed out step-by-step directions to the restaurant we wanted and had them delivered to our room!).
The bed was very comfortable and my daughter (5) was very happy on the pull-out sofa bed. The bathroom was big and clean. Our room overlooked the pool, but was incredibly quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Clemente, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

What a surprise the Courtyards Marriott in Thousand Oaks CA was for us as we delivered
our granddaughter to start college at Cal Lutheran. We could have driven home but elected
to avoid the Labor Day weekend traffic. For $93 we got a regular room that was more like a
suite with a couch, nice computer desk, free wifi that worked great, perfectly located refrigerator and microwave as well as a large shower and comfortable bathroom. Flat scree TV was at
least a 36" and maybe larger. Front desk staff was great and we bought an ice cream in
the mini-store that is really handy. Free coffee in the lobby as well as in the room. Parking was close and excellent and the 3-story building was just the right size. You can see from my 34 other reviews that I almost never give a 5 star one but this Courtyards Marriott deserved one. I don't know how it is possible to have a better hotel experience.

Room Tip: We did not have a view except but I guess you could request one. Chili's was a two minute walk...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thousand Oaks, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel was just as expected and consistent with Marriott excellent standards. Above all, the front desk attendant, Janet, went above and beyond to answer my questions and provide helpfulness during my stay. She was extemely friendly upon arrival and very resourceful.
Will be staying there again in October.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MichaelWebster, VP Operations at Courtyard by Marriott Thousand Oaks, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a positive review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear your felt your stay was wonderful, you were provided a very pleasant welcome and you plan on returning in October.
I did note that your kind comments were in contrast to the 1 of 5 ranking you provided the hotel. If there was something else during your stay that was troublesome that was not mentioned in your review, please contact me directly at 805.262.4101 to discuss this matter further.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Thousand Oaks? Share your experiences!