“A long time favorite...” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Thousand Oaks, California
“A long time favorite...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

This family run retaraunt is truly outstanding. I've never had anything less than an excellent meal here. It is very special. We come back again and again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

86% Recommend
Thousand Oaks, California
“Our Favorite Restaurant for Special Celebrations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We've been coming here for years but I just started writing reviews last year.This is our go to place for special dinners with friends ,family, or just with my husband .We went this week for my Father-in-law's 99th birthday because this is his favorite place also.He ordered the pasta and white clam sauce that is always perfect and my Mother loved her pesto lasagna.My husband and son raved about their pork chop special with cannoli beans.I had the mixed seafood boccatini that was so good I wanted to lick the plate.Of course we had our usual appetizer -Fried Calamari -the best around.Our group of friends have been coming here for years for our birthdays-the last time was in April.It was a Friday night and very busy but our service was just as good as it usually is and the food was great.It's in a strip mall and the stores are quiet at night which leaves plenty of parking spaces free.I hope they will be here for a long time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ventura, California
“We are Italian and we really liked this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We received a gift certificate for this place,but we did not use it for a year because we cook the best Italian food AT HOME! No seriously...we had a fantastic lunch here.The olive oil is fresh,the Italian bread is awesome,the fried calamari was perfect! My husband had wild fettuccini with leeks and potabello mushrooms....it was a little oily,but very good...I had the salmon that was cooked perfectly...We I'll go back again ....and it in our neighborhood!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Thousand Oaks, California
“One of my favorite Conejo Valley restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I've been to Marcello's many times and have never been disappointed. Classic northern Italian cuisine, prepared exceptionally well. Don't let the strip mall location put you off - this is a gem of a restaurant - white linens, professional waiters, reasonable prices.

Visited July 2011
Los Angeles
“A Taste of Italy in Thousand Oaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

My husband and I went to Marcello's with another couple and had a very good meal overall. There is a warm and cozy atmosphere in this restaurant. The staff is very friendly and helpful but a bit slow, specially on a busy night. The portions were good and the main courses were very good overall. We had the fish and avocado appetizer special and we were not impressed with it, fish was a bit dry and over-blackened, and the portion was small. For the main course we had the penne pasta with chicken livers which was just perfect, the light cream sauce was very tasty and the pasta was cooked just right. Also, we ordered the mussels, clams, and seasonal fish in a white wine sauce and this was just out of this world! the sauce was absolutely fabulous specially with their warm crusty bread to dip in. My husband ordered the roasted chicken with mushrooms and berries but was disappointed with this dish; the chicken was dried and the sauce was not enough to help with the dryness, the flavors were just not quite as prominent as with the other dishes. We would recommend going and staying with the more traditional Italian dishes and I think you will not be disappointed. There will be a second visit for us very soon to try other traditional dishes that sounded tempting.

• Visited March 2012