“Suprised” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Agoura Hills, California
“Suprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was really surprised by all the negative reviews of this restaurant. Then I saw how old most of the reviews are. This place was awesome! Super casual with your typical regulars sitting at the bar like a "Cheers". My date and I started in the bar and had some tasty strong house margaritas. We closed our check to move to the restaurant and was pleasantly surprised that they have some crazy super happy hour so are margaritas were only $3. Then we moved to the restaurant were we had the Chile Reanos (spelling incorrect i'm sure). You could tell they are made with love...so damn good!! The server turned us on to the Silver Grande margarita... it was very tasty. for $9!!!
We will be for sure returning again soon!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Thousand Oaks, California
“CISCO'S needs a Chef!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Forget Mexican Food...this place has just plain BAD FOOD!!!

Our family of 10 went to CISCO's this past weekend for an Early Dinner...they were NOT crowded so there's NO EXCUSE for the food. We all sat on the patio.. The waiter and the busboys were pretty good...they kept coming around for refills etc.

I had a Combo Plate, Beef Enchilada & Beef Burrito....about $11. The food was incredibly DRY...just dry beef wrapped in a tortilla...no sauce no cheese??? I kept borrowing sauces from the others just to make it edible.

My wife had a Special Veggie Enchilada...she said it was tasteless...the sauce was inedible???

My Son had a Tostado...it arrived with some chicken on top of a very skinny salad...there was no or very little lettuce in it! Where have you ever seen a Tostado that was no higher than about an inch? He had to ask for lettuce to put on it!

My Daughter had an Enchilada plate...She took one bite and left it!!!

My son-in-law ate about a third of his giant burrito and just stared at it the rest of the night!
On of my grandsons got his order without a salad...then a small plate of lettuce with nothing on it arrived...then they came back for the third time and finally gave him his salad!!!

I don't know what was going on in the kitchen but I suggest they contact the Food Network and beg someone to come down to teach them to cook!!!

Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Find Quality Food Elseware... Big Disappointment!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I will make it brief. I Went out with the family to have a nice early Sunday Dinner. There were 10 of us and it was early, so the restaurant was not crowded there were plenty of empty tables at 4:30pm on a Sunday. The service was poor, 4 of us had to send our plates back because the orders were wrong. For those that ordered enchiladas they were dry and those that ordered tostadas, there was nothing on it. I sent mine back for lack of ingrediece. You pay 12 for a salad and expect to get some lettuce. It just was a poor overall experience and I will not go back again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Cisco's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The early bird special is your best deal. The meals are 50% off which helps defer the cost of your drinks. ( Below I labeled value excellent...this is just during the early bird specials.)

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Greater Chicago Area
“Typical casual Mexican restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Ate dinner here with colleagues. Most of us thought food was good, but not great with the exception of colleague who had the fish tacos-- she said the were amazing. Two of us had enchiladas and other had fajitas. Again, good but not great.

• Visited October 2012