“The absolutely "BEST" BBQ in the Conejo Valley!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 183 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Cuisines: Barbecue
Thousand Oaks, California
“The absolutely "BEST" BBQ in the Conejo Valley!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've been eating here for years and yet I'd never posted a review. It's one of my favorite restaurants in the Conejo Valley. The BBQ food is absolutely incredible, the Tri-Tip melts in your mouth and the prices are fantastic. I've tried BBQ in other restaurants out here, but they don't even compare to Bandits! The food is hot, fresh, an delectible and the service is great, it helps that the prices are extremely reasonable as well. Great ambiance too with a Take-Out area as well! Overall the "BEST" BBQ in the Conejo Valley and Beyond! A definite must try!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

USA
“Good menu and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

All of the food I've tried here has been well-prepared and of good quality. The BBQ items have good flavor, and the sides are both unique and delicious. The salads and seafood items were also quite good.

Visited August 2012
Thousand Oaks, California, United States
“Great food, pricey,”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Went there for New years eve, Great Ribs, steak was awesome, menu pricey. Service in the Bar area is the Best. Great atmosphere

Visited January 2013
Thousand Oaks, California
“Great sit-down family restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great food at fair prices. They recently did an overhaul on their menu and it is exceptional. The management and employees are very friendly and accommodating. The server "Patty" is one of the best. I highly suggest the steak salad. Good ingredients and lots of meat.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Breckenridge, Colorado
“Better than most commercial BBQ restaurants I have visited”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I am a KCBS BBQ judge so I tend to rate commercial BBQ restuarants like I would if I were judging a contest. Wehn I first went to Bandits I asked the waitress (who got me the manager) if I could buy a rib. I told him I had been disappointed too many times before at other places (they over-cooked them and the meat wasy mushy) so I didn't want to order a slab without knowing how that cooked them. He obliged and I was pleased with the result. I than order my slab and had a very good meal. I went back in November and order them again, same good result.

Visited November 2012